Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Bought a Salvage Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a salvage Tesla. it's the 2nd one I have rebuilt. It's a 2018 model 3 Long Range RWD. The damage was really light and the airbags didn't go off meaning the pyro fuse didn't blow. I bought the car fax and I see the car was reported as a total loss on June 16th 2023. The auction photos show the car at 91 miles (30%ish SOC). I am not sure when the auction photos were taken, but the car should be here by July 1st-3rd. When I get the car, will it be at 0% SOC? Or will the contactors open and the car will "go to sleep" and persevere the battery?

I appreciate any advice. I know people have left their teslas at the airport for a couple weeks with sentry mode off and the SOC only drops a couple percent.

Thanks,
Winston

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a salvage Tesla. it's the 2nd one I have rebuilt. It's a 2018 model 3 Long Range RWD. The damage was really light and the airbags didn't go off meaning the pyro fuse didn't blow. I bought the car fax and I see the car was reported as a total loss on June 16th 2023. The auction photos show the car at 91 miles (30%ish SOC). I am not sure when the auction photos were taken, but the car should be here by July 1st-3rd. When I get the car, will it be at 0% SOC? Or will the contactors open and the car will "go to sleep" and persevere the battery?

I appreciate any advice. I know people have left their teslas at the airport for a couple weeks with sentry mode off and the SOC only drops a couple percent.

Thanks,
Winston
Sentry and all the other high-draw stuff is disabled once SOC is below 20%. Assuming that car can sleep it should arrive with plenty of charge.

Reactions: PlaidSpeed