Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received their vehicle with HW4.0?
My Y to be delivered tomorrow doesn't have the FSD, but since all the HW4.0 cameras are upgraded to 5mega pixel wouldn't this help non-FSD functions like park assist etc?
If this is so, I'd rather wait for HW4.0.
I'm just learning about all this, so someone please educate me.

My Y to be delivered tomorrow doesn't have the FSD, but since all the HW4.0 cameras are upgraded to 5mega pixel wouldn't this help non-FSD functions like park assist etc?
HW4 is not necessary, if you’re not using FSD, which you shouldn’t be since it’s unstable and you’re basically putting your life on something that isn’t even stable yet. Vision based park assist work just well. Hope this answers your question! Btw, try not to think about cancelling your order now since you are gonna wait until September or even November for you car to come because of the recent port strike backlogs, and the high demand.

Reactions: richyrich
I would say, yes. HW4 will definitely assist better with other functions - if not right now, 6 months from now for sure. If you do not need the car right now, it makes sense to wait for HW4. Shanghai is supposed to switch to HW4 in September but mind you - this is only a rumor.
If you need the car now, go ahead and take the delivery. You will be happy with it. This is a classic iPhone Y vs iPhoneY+1 situation.