Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I even get Tesla to honor my appointment or talk to a human about my car's issue(s)??? I've tried multiple times to set up appointments for both issues with my battery, and my dash-cam not working. Their automated bots just send me a message telling my they are not issues at all and then cancel my appointment. I've called customer service 4 times and waited for hours now to talk to a human who has absolutely 0 agency to anything but tell me a case is opened up and someone will contact me. No one has contacted me and it's been over a month since this started. Do you guys have a cheat code for this? Should I contact a lawyer? This has go to be in violation of consumer protection laws no?

Don't call - all appointments are set up via the app. I don't know what issues you're having with your battery or dash-cam but they can remotely read any error codes your car is throwing. For example, if your forward view camera isn't recording any footage, that usually is not a Tesla issue but a user one that deals with incorrectly formatted media, incorrectly inserting the USB, etc. If the issues aren't throwing any error codes, then it's more than likely not a problem with the car but more likely some kind of user error (hence no appointment needed and they cancel).

What error codes are you seeing? There's a ton of people here that might be able to help you.

Yes of course I tried to make appointment through the app first. they were auto canceled by tesla's bots without anyone talking to me about it. The issue with my battery is that it's draining sometimes more than 10 miles per night in my climate controlled parking structure of my apt building. I don't have century mode on, and my parking stucture will never have access to wifi or power. This is the equivalent of having a hole in my gas tank so yes, this is actually a real issue. If you disagree you're a disillusional tesla apologist. It cost me $30 to supercharge less than 200 miles so that basically means I'm paying $1.50 a day just to park in my own garage. That cost is on top of insurance, maintenance and depreciation. Sorry but that's unacceptable. The issue with the dashcam is not user error. It was working for 2 years just fine, and then all of a sudden it just stopped working. The SD was fine when I used it with my computer. I then tried multiple new sd cards, sd card readers, and thumb drives. All were formatted correctly. There are no error codes. The devices are simply not recognized. It's sad to see that since buying my car 3 years ago the quality of service has taken a nose dive so much so that it's impossible to speak to a human about real issues.

Atlanta - My FSD, autopilot, etc. and part of display went out (fsd road part) and my AC isn't working properly also getting warning on passenger seat and USB error alerts. Service module gives ECU backup power MIA error. Made appointment at tesla via app which went fine. Went in at the set time after they sent me a $2400 ish repair estimate. I approved the remote $100 diagnostic when sent but they said that doesn't matter. They said they have to do an in house diagnostic and too many cars in queue for repairs for the service techs to do it today. If it is the ecu they think they have it in stock. They said the appointment isn't to fix the car it is to drop off the car. No loaners available but they can add you to the wait list for a loaner if one comes back. Said don't expect one. Said used to have uber credits if you had no car but those have been taken away. Can't say for sure when they can look at the car or repair the car. Best guess now is in 3 days or so but he said not to count on that time frame....... car is 2021 with 67k miles and bought fsd at purchase. Need the car... not terribly upbeat on tesla service at this moment.... and i miss my fsd.....