Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to enable high power 90%-100% between 40-90% battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the model y performance is fully charged so 100% or 90-100% its performance is brilliant, however, once the battery ticks under 90% (approx) so 80%, then 70%, 60% battery, the performance torque/ hp reaction is noticeably less. Is there a way to get this high performance throughout the whole state of charge? Does enabling track mode give you this performance throughout most of the battery range? When I test drove the i4 m50 at 70% state of charge it was a complete animal on the accelerator.

I'm interested to see if there is a correlation with your hypothesis. Seems to make sense to a certain extent. Although I'm never pushing my MYP all the time, just when a merge or a slow merging vehicle is sus. Otherwise, I'd be charging up a lot of more frequently.

Your hypothesis may have some merit, granted it's a M3 test but they don't state any charging analytics during their "tests". M3P is a jackrabbit but as such can't sustain in some of their "tests". At the end of the day, they drive on the wrong side so who GAF right? :D

Battery is max voltage at 100% and max power and yes drops after that. Saw the same thing with my M3P - noticeable faster at 90-100% than 50%. There is no way to change this as its just a characteristic of NCA lithium batteries in an EV. If your at the track best to have a supercharger close or a 14-50 to top off between runs.