Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How soon will BYD be the largest BEV manufacturer in the world?

When will BYD be the largest BEV manufacturer in the world?

• 3 months

• 6 months

• 12 months

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

honestly who would buy a car from a govt backed company from a country that does this kinda thing this day and age... i mean if skorea did this i d puke seeing a kia or hyundai... if japan did this i d get rid of my nissan leaf and lexus suv asap... if germany did it i d never consider and ev a6 in the future...
Luckily the US feels the same hence why there are 0 Chinese cars sold here.

I think that the BYD Seagull looks very interesting, the designer used to work for Lamborghini, and it is likely to start from about £10,000 when it gets to the UK next year. This will really shake up the EV market in Europe but BYD seem to be concentrating on the high end, Model S like Han, in the USA.

I think that the BYD Seagull looks very interesting, the designer used to work for Lamborghini, and it is likely to start from about £10,000 when it gets to the UK next year. This will really shake up the EV market in Europe but BYD seem to be concentrating on the high end, Model S like Han, in the USA.
It will also have a sodium battery, which is relatively revolutionary. It’s part of the reason why BYD has significant cost advantages over all BEV manufacturers

to be fair, this summary of the byd story should be shown in this light...

video one is the story of the rise of byd...

video two is the story of the possible fall of byd...

---

as you can see, china is in control of it s own destiny - it s rise is all it s own, it s fall is also all it s own...

BYD is the world's second-largest power battery maker, with a 16 percent share of 58.1 GWh installed in January through July, according to South Korean market researcher SNE Research.

CATL continued to be the world's No. 1 power battery maker with a 36.6 percent share of the 132.9 GWh installed from January to July.

BYD installed about 14.348 GWh of power and energy storage batteries in September, up 66.64 percent from 8.610 GWh in the same month last year, and up 3.02 percent from 13.928 GWh in August, according to data released by the company earlier this month.

Between October 1 and October 22, a total of 162,200 BYD vehicles were registered for insurance in China.
BYD's premium brand Denza was at 2,200 units last week, unchanged from the previous week.

Between October 1 and October 22, a total of 16,500 Tesla vehicles were registered for insurance in China.

I saw this car at a truckstop in Canada today. I assume it's one of the China built cars. It looks like Tesla is trying harder to compete with the BYD Seagull.
20231025_141711_resized.jpg

Reactions: oldsport