Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Y do you spot in a day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been surprised by the number of Mach-Es I've been seeing off late. It seems to be pretty popular around my neck of the woods in NC, but I also probably notice them more than Teslas on the road as I do like the aesthetics of the MME. I still see more Teslas on average.

I drive about an hour on the freeways in the East SF Bay Area every Sunday, and I'm surprised at how few Model Ys I see compared to S, X, and 3. I usually see 3 or 4 at most, but over a dozen Ss & 3s, and 5-10 Xs. Obviously I'm biased as someone who researched and vacillated for over a year before deciding on the Model Y (LR AWD) as being my ideal car.

I drive about an hour on the freeways in the East SF Bay Area every Sunday, and I'm surprised at how few Model Ys I see compared to S, X, and 3. I usually see 3 or 4 at most, but over a dozen Ss & 3s, and 5-10 Xs. Obviously I'm biased as someone who researched and vacillated for over a year before deciding on the Model Y (LR AWD) as being my ideal car.
That’s funny, I live in Oakland/Berkeley (right at the border), and I see a ton of Ys. Model 3 is still by far the most Teslas I see (probably 60%), but the Y has already caught up to the S I would say. The X is last.

I’ve see 1 Mach-E and 1 Polestar 2 so far. Nice looking cars.

Super Charger South of Houston, That's all you see most of the time here.
PXL_20210414_184659915.MP.jpg

Here in Central NJ (yes, it exists) is see many running about town each day. Also Model 3s. One day a few weeks ago, there were 4 MYs, including me, at one major intersection. Today, we did a trip to Hershey, PA and once we got into PA, I think I saw one Tesla all day.

Here in Central NJ (yes, it exists) is see many running about town each day. Also Model 3s. One day a few weeks ago, there were 4 MYs, including me, at one major intersection. Today, we did a trip to Hershey, PA and once we got into PA, I think I saw one Tesla all day.

oh you'll come across lots of vehicles without ICE just southeast of Hershey in Amish country, just one or two horsepower though

I think the ratio of 3's to Y's is very regional in terms of how quickly the area you live in started to adopt EVs en-masse. Somewhere like California was *ready* to early-adopt the moment Model 3's were available for sale (maybe even earlier). Where I live, here in the Pittsburgh area, we're a little further behind, such that this region really started to embrace EV's right around the same time that Y's were coming to market, and as a result I think the Y's are outselling the 3's (here and elsewhere), and not many folks started buying Tesla's around here until both 3's and Y's were an option, and there's definitely more 3's than Y's out and about.

At my office, there's 3 Y's and one 3 that I see fairly regularly... not counting them I typically cross paths with a Tesla owned by someone I don't work with about once every couple weeks... but I live out in Rural WPA and commute into the city(ish), so that's to be expected IMO. I did end up giving one of my son's teammates and his parent a *ride* after baseball picture day yesterday, just because of how much the boy is enamored with Tesla's as a concept... and some folks around me are *very* interested, even if I'm the only/first person they've known *IRL* to own one...