Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people plan to randomly join/ crash Elon Musks Coast to Coast Trip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That'd be fun, but...the resulting press release would be "hundreds of cars waiting for Supercharger...cars wait days to refuel".

That probably wouldn't be good.

Tesla could upgrade the Superchargers to 135kW (and push any needed software updates to all Model S) before his trip which Elon said is coming to the US in 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Given how this map is starting to look, it is not long before it is possible to make the trip LA to NY, and I think Elon will be one of the first to make the trip.

Where did this map come from? This is not the same one as on http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Thanks

I would think that if private family time was the #1 goal then he wouldn't publicize the trip so much. I just hope he makes a photo op visit to Elon, NC which is right by the Burlington supercharger. I live just across the river from Elon, VA, but alas, no supercharger nearby.

My guess is: he'll just do it. However, though he's not exactly a rock star, he IS to those who would use a Supercharger. He wont make it without the word getting out. He simply wont. He's doesn't seem like the type of guy that would use his kids as props. So I'm guessing he just wants to do it and enjoy the vacation time with his family. If he makes it clear that it's an event, and he wants company I'm sure I'd stop in and say hello. If not, I absolutely will not involve myself in any way and will encourage others to do the same.

I agree with Chad. I'm not a hero worshiper, or a groupie by any means. However, I believe that Elon is a special human being that only comes along a few times in each generation. He's doing something very important. He'll need an ever increasing balance in his life. If this trip gives him that without customers being involved it's all good. If that's the way he calls it, I'll respect that 100%.

I wouldn't worry too much about Tesla customers invading Elon's privacy. I suspect most of us would be respectful. I'm more concerned about the news media camping out at every single supercharger stop waiting for him to arrive, so they can get an interview for their local news. That's a lot of free advertising!

Elon wants to do this with his family. Let the guy have some family time. Let it be a media event when it is all done!

If Elon wants to do this on his own, with his family and without any media or admirers present, perhaps he shouldn't publish details of his trip or tweet about it. Of course he wants this to be a big public show, why else would he talk about it publicly? LOL