Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles do you plan on logging in Model 3 per year?

How many miles a year on your future Model 3

• 0-1000 miles (0 - 1610 km)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 1001 - 5000 miles (1611 - 8047 km)

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 5001- 12000 miles (8048 - 19313 km)

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • 12001 - 25000 miles (19313 -

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • 25001+ miles (40234+ km)

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently about 18k/year.
Expect to put about 24k/year since I intend to visit my mom more frequently while I still can. (1.2k each round trip)
Plus some epic road trips could push it higher...
240k after more than 10 years or so has been about average for me.

This number, I expect, to vary wildly between members, as some will use it as a third car (meaning one with an alternate) and some as a main vehicle. Additionally, some may not have a need for lots of driving.

I am a heavy driver. I commute 102 miles every business day (combined). Current vehicle is a 2015 Jetta TDI with 85000 miles.
The problem with that amount of mileage for me is oil change every 4 months, adds up quickly. Things like tires will need replaced often, but an EV will have less that needs serviced regularly over my TDI. Since I am nearly all highway, my brakes have only worn down 2 mm from original, so I expect to never need to replace Model 3 brakes.

I imagine I am on the extreme mileage wise, curious if anyone else is.

This number, I expect, to vary wildly between members, as some will use it as a third car (meaning one with an alternate) and some as a main vehicle. Additionally, some may not have a need for lots of driving.

I am a heavy driver. I commute 102 miles every business day (combined). Current vehicle is a 2015 Jetta TDI with 85000 miles.
The problem with that amount of mileage for me is oil change every 4 months, adds up quickly. Things like tires will need replaced often, but an EV will have less that needs serviced regularly over my TDI. Since I am nearly all highway, my brakes have only worn down 2 mm from original, so I expect to never need to replace Model 3 brakes.

I imagine I am on the extreme mileage wise, curious if anyone else is.
At a minimum of $280($70 ea) a year in oil changes, What other maintenance costs have you seen on the TDI? Just curious as a heavy driver if you have added it all up to get your yearly maintenance cost?

I sold my TDI after diselgate and only had it 2 years so at that

I agree, you will probably never need to replace your brakes on a model 3 if you use heavy regen

At a minimum of $280($70 ea) a year in oil changes, What other maintenance costs have you seen on the TDI? Just curious as a heavy driver if you have added it all up to get your yearly maintenance cost?

I sold my TDI after diselgate and only had it 2 years so at that

I agree, you will probably never need to replace your brakes on a model 3 if you use heavy regen

I take most of the suggested maintenance, so every 40k miles a transmission flush (will not be taking future ones, it does improve life the first couple times but comes with diminishing returns) and filters and such.
Transmission 750 bucks a time (twice now)
Tires once thus far (but this wont change because of Tesla)
Oil changes are usually more than 70 bucks. you have oil, fuel filter, Ad Blue, and labor. The 'oil change' is about 150 or so. Could do this myself, but beyond oil changes, brake replacements, I have very little car experience. If something was about to break, or was wearing too fast, I would not know.

So yearly maintenance is 150 * 3 + 750 + 50 for air filters (once a year) + 25 for wipers (once a year) so somewhere in the neighborhood of 1275. Not going to be too difficult for the Model 3 to beat that figure.