Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does delivery scheduling work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about this way too hard but I'm a planner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm in New Hampshire and I know there's no local pick-up available for me here* so I'll have to pay for home delivery or pick it up in Paramus, NJ. I'm thinking that I'll pick it up in Paramus as a fun field trip and to meet an old friend in the area for dinner. How does the delivery scheduling work? Do they just ask you to select an available date and you just have to make it there before a particular cut-off time on that date? Or do they give you an exact pick-up time slot? I know that I want to get there a little earlier to look for issues before I officially accept it.

*I can't pick it up at a Tesla service center in Massachusetts because that state requires that sales tax be paid even if the car will be registered in another state (and they won't refund it after the fact). NH has no sales tax so there's no way in hell that I'm going to pay any for funsies.

I got the text/email
I'm thinking about this way too hard but I'm a planner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm in New Hampshire and I know there's no local pick-up available for me here* so I'll have to pay for home delivery or pick it up in Paramus, NJ. I'm thinking that I'll pick it up in Paramus as a fun field trip and to meet an old friend in the area for dinner. How does the delivery scheduling work? Do they just ask you to select an available date and you just have to make it there before a particular cut-off time on that date? Or do they give you an exact pick-up time slot? I know that I want to get there a little earlier to look for issues before I officially accept it.

*I can't pick it up at a Tesla service center in Massachusetts because that state requires that sales tax be paid even if the car will be registered in another state (and they won't refund it after the fact). NH has no sales tax so there's no way in hell that I'm going to pay any for funsies.
This afternoon I got the email and text to schedule for delivery. They only had May 6th and 7th...and of course I went for May 6th as I can't wait anymore lol :D