Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you guys feel on the Model 3 being really popular

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be cool if they switched up the color options every year so they wouldn’t all look exactly the same.
My last car, 2005 Subaru Legacy wagon turbo, only sold a few thousand in the US. I only saw one every few months. They should make a wagon version of the Model 3!
They will, its called the Y, they will move it up a few inches and claim its an SUV, but I am hoping its more Toyota 4Runner dimensionally.

Cargo volume (cu. ft.) behind front/rear seats
89.7/47.2
Cargo volume (cu. ft.) behind front/rear seats (with sliding deck)
88.8/46.3
Cargo volume (cu. ft.) behind front/second-row/third-row seats
88.8/46.3/9.0
2019 Toyota 4Runner Seating Capacity, Cargo Volume & Weight

Or at least beat all these guys:

Test Results: Carry-On Luggage

2018 Toyota RAV4 | Cargo Space and Storage Review | Car and Driver
carry-on-luggage-photo-704932-s-original.jpg

Last edited:
Teslas on every corner, gas stations with plywood nailed over the windows and graffiti on the walls, oil company lobbyists working at McDonald's, and a world where our children's children don't have to worry about wildfires or "100-year storms" destroying their lives every other year.... Sounds pretty good to me!

Add Red Tide and coastal reef destruction and ocean food chain collapse in with the 100 Year storms and wildfires.

Carbon-Dioxide-and-Ocean-Acidification.png

Reactions: nogajim
I feel I’ll need to come up with more ways to spend my TSLA riches. It’ll be a challenge but I’m willing to give it the ole college try.

It's funny how one would think TMC would be filled with owners of the CAR. But, instead its filled with people like yourself that are largely driven by your ownership of the stock.

Your overall behavior on TMC is almost as bad as the shorts. You really should have a disclaimer that you're biased stock owner.

So this came to my attention around mid June. I was at the service centre and a older guy who owns a model s was like, “I don’t feel special anymore. There’s already so many Model 3’s on the road, and you guys are delivering even more.”

I said well the goal of the company isn’t to be special in terms of rarity but in terms of environment. He said well no one bats an eye on civics or camrys because well they’re ****ing everywhere. With Model 3 being everywhere soon he’s worried he won’t get the same attention. I said enjoy it while it lasts I guess. Service centre guys were just laughing.

How do you guys feel about this?

For a serious response, I love Tesla’s because I love driving them and a computer on wheels is awesome.

Running the AC in my garage and not dying from my own car fumes is a plus too.

I didn’t get them for a status symbol. I prefer to not draw attention in one but I understand they are a draw and that is a big motivator for some people.

If older gentleman (not sure why age matters here) wants attention he can get it again with a 2020 Roadster.

It’s clear that as Model S get older they will be found for 30,000 or less even in the second hand market. Cheaper than budget German luxury auto.

His analogy is not even correct because Civics and Camrys never get attention regardless.

He rolls up in an NSX or the new Supra I will ooh and aah for at least a second before I obliterate it in the 3P. :)

Having something unique is important to car culture.

In fact with some cars it serves as a fairly significant aspect of it's cost. Where some car won't be particularly special performance wise, but the looks/uniqueness of it is.

For myself this isn't terribly important for a car I drive. Like I wouldn't robe my savings to drive a Roadster 2.0 just to feel unique.

I consciously chose the Model S over a used Ferrari, and I knew back then that Tesla's would be pretty popular.

With the Model 3 there are going to be so many of them that I will want to do something to make it stand out a bit more. I'll probably go the aftermarket body kit route.

Whatever I decide it's going to have to wait till I get my badge, and spoiler. Apparently I won't get those till Nov.

I also think it's important to look at this from the other perspective. When we drive down the road we don't want all the cars to look the same. I fail to see what fun that is. It's important that some cars, and their owners do something truly unique.

Having something unique is important to car culture.

In fact with some cars it serves as a fairly significant aspect of it's cost. Where some car won't be particularly special performance wise, but the looks/uniqueness of it is.

For myself this isn't terribly important for a car I drive. Like I wouldn't robe my savings to drive a Roadster 2.0 just to feel unique.

I consciously chose the Model S over a used Ferrari, and I knew back then that Tesla's would be pretty popular.

With the Model 3 there are going to be so many of them that I will want to do something to make it stand out a bit more. I'll probably go the aftermarket body kit route.

Whatever I decide it's going to have to wait till I get my badge, and spoiler. Apparently I won't get those till Nov.

I also think it's important to look at this from the other perspective. When we drive down the road we don't want all the cars to look the same. I fail to see what fun that is. It's important that some cars, and their owners do something truly unique.
I agree. When I want people to look I drive my 60 year old Austin Healey Sprite. I drive my model 3 for the thrill of having the most enjoyable car I've ever driven. That's a lot of cars in my 76 years.

It's funny how one would think TMC would be filled with owners of the CAR. But, instead its filled with people like yourself that are largely driven by your ownership of the stock.

Your overall behavior on TMC is almost as bad as the shorts. You really should have a disclaimer that you're biased stock owner.

The car is more permanent than the stock and is guaranteed to depreciate.

There’s a overlap of people who own the stock and the cars. Some like myself, bought the car before the stock.

I’m not biased in anyway and wouldn’t lie to myself or anyone else to try and prop TSLA. I can sell TSLA and keep my cars - no conflict. It’s wrong to say @Krugerrand and people like myself have an “agenda”.

There is also more to discuss when it comes to TSLA than the car itself.

In Q4 theres not a lot to discuss when people have a poll on what color Model 3 to get:

Black
Black
Black
Or
Black

Disclaimer: Model 3 OWNER (over 20k miles) AND stockholder for over 6 years - like from way back when Model S was nothing more than vaporware.

I’d have owned a Tesla sooner but for the fact neither the S or X fit my current life situation/circumstances/needs.

I’ve solidly been supportive of Tesla on this forum since join date. I rarely say anything negative about Tesla, Elon or anyone/anything related and I’ve stated my reasons for that multiple times over the years.

I’m really okay with that behavior and being a biased stock owner because it beats being a dick.