Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I temporarily turn off my solar panels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our house is being tented next week for termites and the pest control company has told us we beed to turn off iur solar panels before they start (but we can keep home power and powerwalls on).

I’ve searched here, Tesla support, and on Google but I can’t find reliable instructions on how to de-energize the solar panels.

Anyone have the low-down on powering down (and back up)? Thanks!

Our house is being tented next week for termites and the pest control company has told us we beed to turn off iur solar panels before they start (but we can keep home power and powerwalls on).

I’ve searched here, Tesla support, and on Google but I can’t find reliable instructions on how to de-energize the solar panels.

There should be disconnect that you can open. It should be labeled and you should have a red placard that has a map of roughly where it is. What is your PV inverter? A few pictures would allow us to point to it exactly.

Reactions: mswlogo

Short version would be "turn off your inverters". If you are not sure where those are or what those are, have you tried calling tesla energy support for assistance with your system, and asking them that question?

877-961-7652