Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I find out what my current Range of a Model Y Performance 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current MYP has 16,500 miles 2020 model year. I am trying to see how much range do I have at 100 percent charge but do not want to charge to 100% as my car is sitting in my garage.
Does anyone know how to get your current average range provided the battery was fully charged?

At 80% battery it says 203 miles so I backed into the math and came out around 256 but they seemed fairly low to me when I believe 315 was the rated miles at full battery upon receiving new and or after an update or two

Thanks

Even charging to 100% may not indicate your current full range. You may need to recalibrate the battery management system (BMS). You can Google it, but here is one article:

Here's how to recalibrate your Tesla battery to regain lost miles on range - Tesla Oracle

If you do charge to 100%, I believe Tesla recommends you don’t leave it there. Also, until your charge drops a bit, you won’t have regenerative braking as there is nowhere for the energy from regenerative braking to go.

Reactions: RoDaddy
Upvote 0
Even charging to 100% may not indicate your current full range. You may need to recalibrate the battery management system (BMS). You can Google it, but here is one article:

Here's how to recalibrate your Tesla battery to regain lost miles on range - Tesla Oracle

If you do charge to 100%, I believe Tesla recommends you don’t leave it there. Also, until your charge drops a bit, you won’t have regenerative braking as there is nowhere for the energy from regenerative braking to go.
Is it correct that when there is insufficient battery space to take the regenerated electricity, the brakes are automatically applied to compensate and thereby create the regenerative breaking effect?

Reactions: father_of_6
Upvote 0
At 80% battery it says 203 miles so I backed into the math and came out around 256 but they seemed fairly low to me when I believe 315 was the rated miles at full battery upon receiving new and or after an update or two
Your math is close.

203 / 0.8 = 254

...so your projected range is 254 miles at 100% SoC. To get a more accurate reading, you can charge to 100%, but I found that the extrapolation technique is pretty close, especially when you're doing it at a high SoC like 80%.

Reactions: RoDaddy
Upvote 0