Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink pairing problems.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spent days trying to get my Homelink to work. I spoke with someone at Homelink in Level 2 support, since Level 3 couldn't help me. I ended up buying a new remote garage opened for $25, put in a new battery, and it worked like a champ first time. I would suggest buying a new remote. I know it sounds silly but that is what Homelink advised and it worked.

That's interesting, the exact opposite tends to happens to us, go figure! Could this be a proximity problem? When we're coming down the driveway and 25' away it seems to work better, when we stop first and we are 10' away we have problems. How far away from the receiver do you stop and activate?
I think the Tesla Homelink aerial is an issue. I find the symptoms are that of the Homelink beam being sprayed out in a narrow beam so if you are further away it may touch the receiver; too close and the car has to be pretty much directly pointed at the receiver.

I cannot get the Homelink to recognize my Raynor Navigator remote so I can move on to the "learn" step of the motor. Firmware 6.2 and a just delivered P85D. I have held the remote at the T both inside and outside the frunk plus several other locations but the screen just keeps spinning and will not program.

Not sure if it will help, but you could try to the left of the T, as you're facing the car, and get quite close. Also be patient. I think the manual (or on-screen instructions or both) say it can take up to a minute for Homelink to recognize the remote. Definitely wait that long.

Good luck!

I spent days trying to get my Homelink to work. I spoke with someone at Homelink in Level 2 support, since Level 3 couldn't help me. I ended up buying a new remote garage opened for $25, put in a new battery, and it worked like a champ first time. I would suggest buying a new remote. I know it sounds silly but that is what Homelink advised and it worked.

I've mentioned similar to folks in the past ...... use another remote (could be an exterior remote or pocket remote) .... but it's been the problem for a lot of folks, including me.

I have finally found the (unlabeled) "Learn" button on my gate's motor & control - without that, I had not been able to set up the Homelink properly. Good luck!

Not sure if it will help, but you could try to the left of the T, as you're facing the car, and get quite close. Also be patient. I think the manual (or on-screen instructions or both) say it can take up to a minute for Homelink to recognize the remote. Definitely wait that long.
Good luck!
Another tip - try to open your and find the place where the switch is attached. Then short the switch with scissors/coin/whatever. Turned out, that my garage keyfob only emitted a short pulse instead of a continuous signal, so Tesla couldn't acquire it.

Thanks Andyw2100
Finally had to take the car back to the SC. They thought it was the sensor in the car. The tech was able to get his remote to be recognized by placing it 12" left of the T as you suggested. I then tried my Raynor remote. No luck. It just so happened on the way out of the house in the morning I grabbed an extra Liftmaster remote we use on our bicycles. That connected without a problem. Was able to complete the process once we returned home. Looking back I could have saved the 250 mile drive if I had tried more remotes. I communicated the fix with Raynor/Chamberlin.