Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched Facebook there's no such person as Allan Pep who published such a post. I'd rather believe this is true but can you post the actual Facebook post link?

Right here (requires membership to the "Tesla Model 3 Owners Club" group):

Screenshot:

FBAllanPep.PNG

This chart is misleading. A better indicator is cumulative total of unique VINs by date.

IMO, highest VIN is a better indicator than unique VINs because the latter is highly dependent on people posting every single VIN they see.

Example:
When there are only 100 Model 3s in the wild, people will post every single VIN they see, so we may get 30 unique VINs from that 100.
When there are 10000 Model 3s in the wild, you won't have 3000 people posting unique VINs, but you may have someone who posts a notably high VIN # like 99xx.

IMO, highest VIN is a better indicator than unique VINs because the latter is highly dependent on people posting every single VIN they see.

Example:
When there are only 100 Model 3s in the wild, people will post every single VIN they see, so we may get 30 unique VINs from that 100.
When there are 10000 Model 3s in the wild, you won't have 3000 people posting unique VINs, but you may have someone who posts a notably high VIN # like 99xx.

I respectfully disagree. VINs are not built sequentially, so spotting a high VIN means nothing other than one more delivery has occurred/is waiting to happen.

I respectfully disagree. VINs are not built sequentially, so spotting a high VIN means nothing other than one more delivery has occurred/is waiting to happen.

I respectfully disagree back, in this specific case. Only options are colors and wheels, so there is no reason to not build in order and assign the VIN to the next matching reservation holder. (Since reservation order does not need to directly match delivery order)
Now, it could that is only true at the start of the line. If they are pulling partials off midline, the completion order could be reversed in sections.

We've already seen multiple proofs of deliveries not being made in order. There were quite a few cases of deliveries in 3xx or 4xx even after VIN 10xx was spotted. This discussion have been had dozens of time already.

I agree with the general presumption that ppl will not post every single VIN they see, but I don't think we're there yet. When we reach 10k it might be the case (or after many deliveries all around the US), but for now it seems lots of sightings are being posted online.

You need both the highest VIN and the number of unique VINs to make any assertions about how many vehicles are likely out in the wild ( German tank problem - Wikipedia ). Now you are right that as time goes on people will get bored with hunting for VINs, but it's not stopping altogether, and I suspect that in another 2 months it will be fairly obvious that we've entered a significantly higher production rate.

Reactions: arnolddeleon
IMG_7427.JPG
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
Right here (requires membership to the "Tesla Model 3 Owners Club" group):

Screenshot:

View attachment 264255
Based on posts about Model 3s behind the new Tesla delivery center in Freemont (47623 Freemont Blvd, Freemont CA), my wife and I (along with our toddler son and infant son) stopped by there this afternoon because we hadn't seen a model 3 in person yet and hopefully we'll be invited to configure soon. We were't disappointed! There were something like 30 Model 3s interspersed with S's and X's in the parking lot at the back of the delivery center. I spotted the car with VIN 1910, but it seemed to be a bit of an aberration because the second highest VIN I saw was 1123 and there were several other cars with VINs in the 10XX and 11XX range. Since I got some grief when I saw a Model X at the factory shortly after the reveal and didn't get any photos of that, here are some photos I took of Model 3s today.

Attachments

• IMG_7431.JPG
    IMG_7431.JPG
    491.5 KB · Views: 87
View attachment 264486 View attachment 264487 View attachment 264488 View attachment 264490 View attachment 264491
Based on posts about Model 3s behind the new Tesla delivery center in Freemont (47623 Freemont Blvd, Freemont CA), my wife and I (along with our toddler son and infant son) stopped by there this afternoon because we hadn't seen a model 3 in person yet and hopefully we'll be invited to configure soon. We were't disappointed! There were something like 30 Model 3s interspersed with S's and X's in the parking lot at the back of the delivery center. I spotted the car with VIN 1910, but it seemed to be a bit of an aberration because the second highest VIN I saw was 1123 and there were several other cars with VINs in the 10XX and 11XX range. Since I got some grief when I saw a Model X at the factory shortly after the reveal and didn't get any photos of that, here are some photos I took of Model 3s today.
Thank you! Finally some useful info, compared with almost 2 days worth of posts arguing the significance of VIN 1910 sighting, which I myself was guilty of.

Last edited:
View attachment 264486 View attachment 264487 View attachment 264488 View attachment 264490 View attachment 264491
When I was at the FDC yesterday there were 54 Model 3's, including VIN 1133, in the back parking lot. I guess they delivered a few today!

BTW, look at how good the panel fit is in the hood/windshield/A pillar/front fender area on VIN 1910. That is very encouraging.

Saw VIN 874 at work today.. Midnight silver on sports wheels with black leather seats. That's in Newport Beach CA. Car was actually parked all day so maybe it belongs to someone who works in the same building as I do.

First impression is the car looks very gorgeous, better than I was expecting. I would argue it looks better than the model S. The model S suddenly feels oversized after seeing this.

Attachments

• IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    634.8 KB · Views: 74