Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, I’m a short seller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I bought puts back in the early Fall when the price was around $300. I was underwater for a while obviously as the price shot to $380, I’m now in the green again.
I talk to 2013 & 2014 shorts all the time. I don’t believe they were wrong, just early. 2017 & 2018 are right on time. The market’s patience with Elon is wearing thin these days, that wasn’t the case prior to late 2017.

How are your puts profitable with so much time value bleeding out of them and with the share price only $6 lower. As I said before, post your position.

My patience has worn thin on your poorly thought out commentary.

Edit: I now see I was beaten to it. I however, do not give you the benefit of the doubt. I believe you are in fact lying. You claimed your positions are in the green. Assuming you have any, they would not be.

Ok, I bought puts back in the early Fall when the price was around $300. I was underwater for a while obviously as the price shot to $380, I’m now in the green again.
I talk to 2013 & 2014 shorts all the time. I don’t believe they were wrong, just early. 2017 & 2018 are right on time. The market’s patience with Elon is wearing thin these days, that wasn’t the case prior to late 2017.

Why did you not execute 6 weeks ago when price was around $240-250? Your time may have passed! Not to mention the time decay. Let me guess, your waiting for the stock to go to $0?!

Reactions: ls7corvete
When you saw the price stopping at 250 and started going up with increasing shares short, that should've been your exit point for at least half your position.

In any case, I will just give you 3 of the rules that my trading teachers passed on to me. Since you seem to value professional titles so much with your CPA. These are from CPT: Certified Professional Traders.

1. Do not short a cult stock
2. Do not short the market leader
3. Gap always closes.

1 and 2 are because the chances of exponential reversal is possible coupled with unlimited downside for shorting. 3 is just psychological.

I abide by the same rule when I do shorts. I just don't tell people I short :)

Careful now, wouldn’t it be nice if you were as critical of Elon as you are of me? I’m not the one with your money
I actually feel sorry for you. Last chance to get off the train to no where.

So since May of 2017 you are right at break even or underwater in a market that's up. You would have been better off in an index fund where there is zero risk of your investment going to zero. Btw, not an advice, but your investment is going to zero. I sure hope you got out of that Amazon short as well. Are you related David Einhorn?

Ok you got me. Time flies. I have Jan 2019 and Jan 2020 Puts. Great work detectives

Just in case you may have misplaced your copy of the ACFE "Code of Professional Standards," here is the link to them:

http://www.acfe.com/uploadedFiles/ACFE_Website/Content/documents/Code-of-Standards-2014.pdf

I am disgusted and appalled that a person who claims to have received his CFE certificate would stoop to puffery, hyperbole, and other misleading statements.

This also makes me wonder just how ethical a CPA you are.

Just in case you may have misplaced your copy of the ACFE "Code of Professional Standards," here is the link to them:

http://www.acfe.com/uploadedFiles/ACFE_Website/Content/documents/Code-of-Standards-2014.pdf

I am disgusted and appalled that a person who claims to have received his CFE certificate would stoop to puffery, hyperbole, and other misleading statements.

This also makes me wonder just how ethical a CPA you are.
Lol, i thought we were keeping this civil