Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here we go again... Model 3 wont power up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Even if this is an outlier, I'm sure feeling a lot better about having cancelled.

If we ever had to get to a newborn appointment or even home from the grocery store, esp with babies, and the car wouldn't start, my wife would have it on Craigslist immediately regardless of make/model.

Don't worry Volvo's never break.....;)

Wow. Even if this is an outlier, I'm sure feeling a lot better about having cancelled.

If we ever had to get to a newborn appointment or even home from the grocery store, esp with babies, and the car wouldn't start, my wife would have it on Craigslist immediately regardless of make/model.
she would not have if you put the car in your name :)

I sure hope that the XC40 doesn't during the 12-36 months we plan to use it, or it's back to lame-o reliable Hondaland for us... :D

Lol but is Honda even reliable anymore? I discovered that the newer CRV turbo engine is having problems with excessive gas getting into the oil AFTER we bought one. Also, lots of battery dying problems on the 2017s. No problems for us yet but we’ve only had it 1.5 months so far.

There is an easier fix for this than there is for the Model 3 not starting... :D

RT

Don't worry Volvo's never break.....;)
Interestingly, since we have a 2017 Volvo (not a plug-in), I have been reading posts on a Volvo forum and seen that some people are having trouble with their T-8 plug-in hybrid Volvo 12V battery systems. Apparently the 12V batteries are sometimes not getting charged sufficiently when driving or when plugged in charging the high voltage battery.

Interestingly, since we have a 2017 Volvo (not a plug-in), I have been reading posts on a Volvo forum and seen that some people are having trouble with their T-8 plug-in hybrid Volvo 12V battery systems. Apparently the 12V batteries are sometimes not getting charged sufficiently when driving or when plugged in charging the high voltage battery.

Hmm, I'm 5 months and 6k miles in with my T8 XC90 and no issues yet. Looks like I better knock on wood!

Hope you never leave your wife stranded anywhere. Sounds like she might look for another model too. ;)

Don't think I can count how many times you have said on the forum how glad you are you cancelled BTW.

Last edited: