Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with gateway config

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys! I am a long time reader of these forums and own two Model 3's. I am looking for help or more information on setting the gateway configuration. I am going to retrofit a PWS to my 2019. I already know my service center is not going to enable it for me, they are very very unhelpful. So I am hoping I can get some help from the community.

I have researched and researched but cannot find much publicly available information, I am a big DIYer with an electrical background and am a software engineer with a cybersecurity background. I Before I embark on a journey to start poking around alone, I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction towards setting the gateway config? From what I have gathered I don't need root to set configs for unsecured things like PWS (as opposed to FSD).

I understand the publicly available toolbox cannot do this.

Thank you guys for any insight you may provide!! If you are willing to share something privately, I'd be happy to chat over DM.