Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help!!! P90D with ludicrous and ludicrous plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased a used 2016 X P90D and after updating to version 9 software it now shows ludicrous plus mode in addition to chill, sport and ludicrous. From reading the web it seems that ludicrous plus was not available in P90Ds. Additionally when fully charged the battery lists 303 Mile range. Does anyone out there know how this can be ?
593C878E-4328-4BA6-9A96-60B8ED5A8662.jpeg

From what I understand it keeps the battery at the optimal temp for power delivery, thus improving horsepower when needed for bursts of speed. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. New Tesla owner myself. Learning and loving it.

Yes. There used to be a separate "max battery" button on that screen that would make the car warm/cool the battery to maintain a temperature that was optimal for power delivery. Now it's just ludicrous+ or insane+. When you enabled max battery, it would also enable launch control, but I haven't played around with the "+" button to see if that's still the case.

Purchased a used 2016 X P90D and after updating to version 9 software it now shows ludicrous plus mode in addition to chill, sport and ludicrous. From reading the web it seems that ludicrous plus was not available in P90Ds. Additionally when fully charged the battery lists 303 Mile range. Does anyone out there know how this can be ?View attachment 412715
I have a 2016 Model S P90DL. Before the latest update, I would have to have it set on Ludicrous, and then press an extra button to heat up the cables. My understanding is that the Ludicrous + is the same as pressing the cable heat button but easier to find.

Ludi+ aka max battery kinda goes hand in hand with "launch mode" meaning:

Theres not many reasons to use ludi+ and if you do find the need to use it, you will also probobly want to "launch" it.

That being said, ludi+/launch have warning messages, indicating that it causes extra wear on your gear box etc.

But if you want the true thrill of what your car can do follow these steps:
Max battery mode, let it warm battery for 30+ mins.
Fully charge your car as much as possible (more battery % = more power)
Put your car into low or very low suspension (important)
Engage Launch mode! And enjoy the screams.

(Launch mode is engaged by having the car in ludi+ low/very suspension, at a full stop on a straight road: hold the brake pedal down, while holding brake down also hold down acceleration pedal, display shows "Launch mode enabled" release the brake and your off!

This is a different experience than just flooring the accelerator. Enjoy