Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed - Jack pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I knew I should have ordered those jack pads :mad:

I now I find myself in the situation where I need one to get a flat tyre sorted. The local garage said they wouldn't jack it without one.

If anyone is in the Southampton, Waterside area on here with one and are feeling generous please may I borrow one for some beer tokens? :).

I've had 4 flats sorted by local vallage garage (sane and friendly). The first time i went in I pointed out that while car can be jacked on one corner I'd prefer my S to be lifted level and pointed out the concerns re main pack position. They had no problem with putting it on the main lift and cutting a couple of blocks of wood to stick under the rear jack points before lifting with the sub-lift. They stuck the blocks of wood in the 'we may want them again' pile and used them each subsequent time... and after the second time they even painted a mark on the lift for my cars best position on their lift...
I keep meaning to make up some DIY wood blocks to add to my 'useful stuff in the boot'...

Reactions: *Adam
For the sake of whatever it is the cost, is it really worth risking damage to the car by not using them? A set of 4 of them was one of the first things I bought, before I’d even taken delivery of the car.

I bought a magnetic set from AO with a case for about $100 but you can get cheaper ones from eBay etc.

For the sake of whatever it is the cost, is it really worth risking damage to the car by not using them? A set of 4 of them was one of the first things I bought, before I’d even taken delivery of the car.

I bought a magnetic set from AO with a case for about $100 but you can get cheaper ones from eBay etc.

Indeed. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Let this be a lesson for all, me included!

Bought a set now but won't be here for a while.

Reactions: Durzel