Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me with getting my car repaired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

My 2023 MY got dinged on the front bumper while backing out of the garage. The damage doesn't look too bad, but obviously I need to repair it. I reached out to be my insurance company Safeco, but they don't seem to have any authorized tesla repair shop in their network, so I am trying to figure out what I need to do next.

Its been over a decade since I dealt with insurance company/claims, so please bear with me.

To get the estimate, do I just reach out to bunch of tesla authorized shops in my area.

Do I need to take the vehicle to all these places, or would they just need photos to give me an estimate? The vehicle seem to be totally fine to drive, but I wouldn't want to drive too far, in case there are some loose parts under the car.

Also is there a charge to get these estimates? I am guessing they may not want to work for free even if its just an estimate.

I am in Seattle suburb Redmond/Bellevue area if that helps with any recommendations.

20231204_195041311_iOS.jpg

I think the problem you're gonna have is 'Tesla authorized shops'. In the San Diego area, I believe there's ONE.

I think you're gonna have to make an appt at the service center and go from there. They will either give you an estimate for the SC or direct you to their collision center or an authorized collision center. Then you'll have to run the estimate by your insurance company. Never heard of a repair facility charging for an estimate. I've seen charges for troubleshooting, but it's not much work to look at that and determine a ballpark of what it would cost. The key word is 'estimate'.

Link that explains more: https://www.tesla.com/support/collision-support

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.