Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me understand the difference power ratings of the 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nuforce

Jun 11, 2023
UK
I'm considering buying a 2019 75D.

Auto trader seems to show some as having 333 PS Vs some with 517 PS.

This is very confusing and I can't find any information on why this is hence registering on here to ask the question.

Thanks

The original S75D was around 333, the 2 motors combined were capable of outputting more than that, but they were battery limited.
After some changes Tesla could "uncork" the car, giving it more power, which the service centre could do, and later they started coming uncorked from the factory. The last S75D spec was that 517.

I don't know at what point the 517 was standard, but I'd put money on that 333 being incorrect for a 2019, cars were uncorked 1-2 years before that. So any 2019 should get you from 0 to 3 points on your license fast enough.

The original S75D was around 333, the 2 motors combined were capable of outputting more than that, but they were battery limited.
After some changes Tesla could "uncork" the car, giving it more power, which the service centre could do, and later they started coming uncorked from the factory. The last S75D spec was that 517.

I don't know at what point the 517 was standard, but I'd put money on that 333 being incorrect for a 2019, cars were uncorked 1-2 years before that. So any 2019 should get you from 0 to 3 points on your license fast enough.
Ok thanks that's great 👍