Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated side mirror icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone tell me what the icon is above the heated steering wheel icon (Latest update for MS). It looks like the windshield defrost icon with an arrow below it pointing to the left. Is this the heated windshield wiper icon ( looks different than previous heated windshield wiper icon)? Heated side mirror icon? (Doesn't look like a mirror) or maybe side window defrost.

Thanks

If you want to turn on the heater for the mirrors, it works in conjunction with rear window heater:

upload_2018-11-16_15-28-4.png

It's also covered on p. 116 in manual: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa and TurboCJ
Confirmed on rear glass devrost switch with SvC. Side mirror heaters not working as efficiently as they used to. SvC will look into it and see if they can remotely fix or need to drive the car in.

Does anyone know what years/ packages heated mirrors showed up? I’m referring to the note on the bottom of 116
“Note: Depending on date of manufacture and options selected at time of purchase, some vehicles are not equipped with a heater in the exterior side mirrors.”

I have a Dec2014 MS60 w/ autopilot&tech package and I’m curious to know if my car has heated mirrors. The drivers side heater is not working if I do...

Does anyone know what years/ packages heated mirrors showed up? I’m referring to the note on the bottom of 116
“Note: Depending on date of manufacture and options selected at time of purchase, some vehicles are not equipped with a heater in the exterior side mirrors.”

I have a Dec2014 MS60 w/ autopilot&tech package and I’m curious to know if my car has heated mirrors. The drivers side heater is not working if I do...
I have the exact same car, and I do have heated mirrors

Wish you were in Canada, as I have a spare glass (I have fitted a UK spec convex version)

I have the exact same car, and I do have heated mirrors

Wish you were in Canada, as I have a spare glass (I have fitted a UK spec convex version)

Thankfully I have about 1 year left of warranty but I want to be sure that my car was originally equipped before I add it to the list to get addressed during my next visit.
I can’t find anything relating to standard features. Do you have your original window sticker? Does it indicate that as a standard feature for our car or for the tech pkg?

Thankfully I have about 1 year left of warranty but I want to be sure that my car was originally equipped before I add it to the list to get addressed during my next visit.
I can’t find anything relating to standard features. Do you have your original window sticker? Does it indicate that as a standard feature for our car or for the tech pkg?
No, I chucked the window sticker away

If you point the mirror glass down so you can almost see the top and then put your fingers behind it - then pull sharply, you can take a look

If you have four wires connected, you have heated glass.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverSp33d3r