Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tips for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share something I didn't realize. The forward and back buttons on the left side of the steering wheel allow to move back and forward in your music. This is for Slacker, Tune-It and your personal music. However, if you click and hold them, they will move you through your lists of favorites. For example, in Slacker, if you are playing one of your favorite stations, clicking the forward button will scroll down to the next favorite station.

• Informative
Reactions: nanimac
Just wanted to share something I didn't realize. The forward and back buttons on the left side of the steering wheel allow to move back and forward in your music. This is for Slacker, Tune-It and your personal music. However, if you click and hold them, they will move you through your lists of favorites. For example, in Slacker, if you are playing one of your favorite stations, clicking the forward button will scroll down to the next favorite station.

Really?? Will have to try that out. But in what sequence is the list of favorites? By how it's listed on the display?

It is in the order of the display. The weird thing is that the forward button moves you down the list and back button moves you up the list. It seems only to work with Slacker.

Same for Tune-It, though the buttons navigate up and down your list with a simple press.

When you are using the USB music, long hold on the forward or back buttons take you to the radio.

Last edited:
I hope you are consistently right about this. However, its been my experience that I could move forward and backward between Turn in and Slacker with the upper and lower buttons. Then after an OTA update, it doesn't then. Its back. Maybe I am wrong. But this is what I noticed.