Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works great for me. You may have to reset it to get to work. I love the fact that when I pull up to the driveway, the garage door opens as I pull up.
Yeah, I was having some issues already so been meaning to reset it.

Papafox, you'll be happy to know that the freeway dots are now being recognized!!!!! I purposely drove in the middle lanes on the H-2 which were not being read at all with the prior version and was able to use autosteer all the way to the H-1! It also seems to handle the curves better so you don't look like you're drunk driving...lol

It works great for me. You may have to reset it to get to work. I love the fact that when I pull up to the driveway, the garage door opens as I pull up.

drtko, I agree. This is so cool. Its amazing that they can program the car to do this. When you approach your garage, a message pops up at the Homelink icon. I gives you a "skip" button to stop the auto open, and a message it will open within 30 feet.

This is the slickest change since backup guidelines.

The Tesla app has also been updated.

Thank you TESLA !!

Last edited:
G'sinHawaii and Nanimac,
Thanks to both of you for the reports of autopilot functioning on Hawaii highways with 7.1. I am still waiting and while my TSLA stock does a nosedive and 7.1 eludes me, at least I can maintain my enthusiasm by skiing. It's been great lately, but really, really, looking forward to taking Iceman for a walk in a place where one doesn't freeze one's okole in the process.

Planning to use summon when I get 7.1, as my 70D is currently using homelink to open the garage door here on the mainland. I like the idea of the Tesla opening the garage door and then exiting the garage, but it's really important that it happens in that order.

I also am enjoying the auto-open/close of the garage door. In the beginning, it only knew to open the garage door when I got home, but after a few days, it learned to also shut the door when leaving (I thought it wasn't working but it's doing it now). This is a very cool feature. One of the few added features over these 3 years that my wife is actually a little jealous of. Thanks for the heads up about the auto-presenting handles changes, too, akikiki. I hadn't read the release notes and didn't know about that.