Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried the ultrafast chargers in Livermore or Baker, Ca?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Swampgator

Apr 27, 2016
Florida
Just wondering is anyone has tried or is willing to try using an adapter on one of the 350kw chargers to see if Model 3 will indeed charge faster than 120kw?
I think the one in Livermore is an Electrify America station and the one in Baker is EVGO

OK I was just excited to see if Model 3 really can charge as fast as the EPA stated.
I'm thinking looking at the CSS plug that it may be physically impossible to adapt to our Tesla ports anyway.
The software is easy part. If they turn it on for Europe they can do so for US. But is the dual plug is required because of the pins/ports whatever, then we will not get to know the Model 3 charge rate until V3 superchargers arrive next year.

• Funny
Reactions: reheat
OK I was just excited to see if Model 3 really can charge as fast as the EPA stated.
I'm thinking looking at the CSS plug that it may be physically impossible to adapt to our Tesla ports anyway.
The software is easy part. If they turn it on for Europe they can do so for US. But is the dual plug is required because of the pins/ports whatever, then we will not get to know the Model 3 charge rate until V3 superchargers arrive next year.

They can make a CCS adapter for the NA Model 3s just like they plan to for the EU S&X. (And like they did for CHAdeMO on the S&X.) They just have to want to. (And be allowed to by the standard.)