Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anybody been able to rinse out or clean the tail light internally?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S has what seems to be dust in the outer passenger side tail light, where as there’s literal residue instead of condensation marks. I saw one write up of somebody here who disassembled the trunk tail light and removed the lens by ‘tapping on it lightly to release the CA glue, but I don’t believe that I’m too confident in my ability to not damage the housing or lens with that method. Has anybody rinsed the inner housing out with distilled water or ISO to clean them out? I’m also open to other methods.

I would not open it if it’s not leaking, you mentioned that no condensation, except only dust. I would try first to blow with airgun and suck the lens with vacuum cleaner at the same time to get the dust out. If this doe not give any result then there is an option to open the lens and clean it inside. If I’m not mistaken, there is one main hole on the backside and one small condensation escape hole (with blue cover on the photo) at the back of the light. The photo attached is from drivers side, so there is the charge port door attached to it...
66A4115E-5F66-4DCC-962D-FD1CA5C6B0FC.jpeg

Reactions: selfbp