Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Frunk 2021+/refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call hansshow... on WhatsApp.
Thanks. They messaged me back and connected me to an “engineer” who initially spent two hours sending me close up pics of things that aren’t parts of my car or this kit and Not answering me when I asked what they are, he then tried to tell me that I hooked the blue cables up to the wrong side of the car? That instead of being connected on the passenger (RH) side they needed to be connected to the driver (LH) side, even though there’s nothing to connect them to aside from what they’re connected to. I asked a bunch of questions they didn’t get answered, and then he switched gears to telling me that the two brackets need to be aligned in a way such that the lock bracket is as high as possible and the suction bracket is as low as possible, then to follow another install video he sent that shows the motor’s release cable should be tightened while the latch is closed until the latch releases?

These things are worth a try but it’s going to be a bit before I get a chance to get to trying it.

Just to update the world on this, we got it resolved by adjusting the double latch bracket with the original bracket as high as possible (with the latch closed to relieve tension) and the Hansshow bracket as low as possible, then releasing the latch, which caused the problem that it wouldn’t close because the tension on the emergency latch was too tight.

Once that was done it was smooth sailing.

If the instructions in any way conveyed these possibilities, this entire install would have been so simple.

Also the Hansshow customer service, while they tried, just absolutely sucked. They assigned me an engineer who kept just randomly suggesting the dumbest things, like telling me to switch a wiring harness to the other side of the car where there was nothing to connect it to. This should’ve been an easy fix for them and I feel like they made it 20x harder.

I appreciate all the info in this thread, as I received the Hansshow kit yesterday and plan on installing this weekend. The only thing that is throwing me is an extra double loop cable that is in the kit. It is not shown in the instructions or on any of the videos. I have attached a picture. Any ideas what it is used for?

Attachments

• IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    630.7 KB · Views: 9
I appreciate all the info in this thread, as I received the Hansshow kit yesterday and plan on installing this weekend. The only thing that is throwing me is an extra double loop cable that is in the kit. It is not shown in the instructions or on any of the videos. I have attached a picture. Any ideas what it is used for?

That may be the manual release. If so, it gets routed to the little door in your fender, so you can open the frunk if there’s no power or the electronics fail.

I communicated with Hansshow via WhatsApp and was told this is a “threader” to help route the wiring harnesses in case there is a tight space. It is not for the emergency release.

Reactions: towndrunk
Back in early 2021, when I first purchased my Model X, there was unofficial competition between Hansshow and EVOffer (at that time called Tesla Offer; located in Hong Kong) about, among other things, powered front hood strut kits. (A couple of TMC members attempted to organize discounted "group buys.") I purchased the (more expensive) EVOffer product, which was at that time arguably felt to be the more reliable product and have the best support.

Is that still the case? (A lot can happen in three years, in this industry.)

...The only thing that is throwing me is an extra double loop cable...Any ideas what it is used for?

That may be the manual release. If so, it gets routed to the little door in your fender, so you can open the frunk if there’s no power or the electronics fail.

I communicated with Hansshow via WhatsApp and was told this is a “threader” to help route the wiring harnesses in case there is a tight space. It is not for the emergency release.

Interesting. I, too, would have totally guessed that it was the safety release pull-down.

Back in early 2021, when I first purchased my Model X, there was unofficial competition between Hansshow and EVOffer (at that time called Tesla Offer; located in Hong Kong) about, among other things, powered front hood strut kits. (A couple of TMC members attempted to organize discounted "group buys.") I purchased the (more expensive) EVOffer product, which was at that time arguably felt to be the more reliable product and have the best support.

Is that still the case? (A lot can happen in three years, in this industry.)

I'm curious about this as well and was just thinking about this, this morning. Looking at purchasing a Model X and love having auto frunk. I have hannshow on my Model 3 and EV Offer on my Model Y. EV Offer was more expensive but a lot quieter and smoother in operation. They seem a lot closer in price now, ~$50 difference.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
I'm curious about this as well and was just thinking about this, this morning. Looking at purchasing a Model X and love having auto frunk. I have hannshow on my Model 3 and EV Offer on my Model Y. EV Offer was more expensive but a lot quieter and smoother in operation. They seem a lot closer in price now, ~$50 difference.

Hansshow has free shipping and a sale now, making it cheaper, but EV Offer says they have OTA updates.

1712781087492.png

EV Offer:

1712781193848.png

I bought a soft close frunk (still in the box), but think I'm regretting and should have bought the full deal.

We probably can't give an opinion as we all bought only one kit... so no basis for comparison.

My 2022 X is now 2 years old and has had the Hansshow frunk opener for most of that time. Except for initial installation problems, it has worked flawlessly.

It does have a couple of unadvertised features:
1- with frunk open, if you press gently on the hood, the motors will energise and self close it. (This doesn't happen in the older X version or current Y version.)

2- with frunk open, you can close the hood by pressing the emergency release button / light that's inside the frunk.

Reactions: towndrunk