Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL S FRUNK OPEN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought MSP less than two weeks ago.

I am a little confused about the Frunk - as I searched the internet.

when I press the "Open frunk" on the vehicle - I thought it was suppose to open it all the way up.

but in my case it just releases the latch - then I have to manually lift it up.

is that the expected behavior

Thank you guys.

The irony is that today I was far away from my Tesla - I mistakenly fumbled on my phone and open the Frunk.
If my MSP was outside with the Frunk open completely and it rained, that would have been bad. (though it was in a garage)

So Tesla is very smart to not open it completely, since you can not remotely close it.

Thank you guys.

The irony is that today I was far away from my Tesla - I mistakenly fumbled on my phone and open the Frunk.
If my MSP was outside with the Frunk open completely and it rained, that would have been bad. (though it was in a garage)

So Tesla is very smart to not open it completely, since you can not remotely close it.
I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence. You get alerts when it's opened plus you could easily close it remotely from the phone if it had the proper hardware. If it was so smart the hatch would also be manual plus no other manufacturer would have auto up/down frunks.