Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hanover NH charging station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email:
Yes, they are located in the parking garage on level 2A! You can stop at the cashier’s booth if you need directions to the EV units once you’ve entered the garage. You need to have a ChargePoint account – FYI.

Patrick O’Neill, Lieutenant
Hanover Police Department
Parking Division Supervisor
The charger isn't on Plugshare yet, oddly.

Just got this email:

The charger isn't on Plugshare yet, oddly.
Thanks for the update. They do show on Chargepoint's map. Looks like a total of 4 30A stations (6.6kW).

Also, Plugshare shows a newly-listed 80A HPWC in Hanover.

I may need to head to Hanover tomorrow to get some documents signed. I'll snoop around and post a picture (if no one beats me).

The stations were listed on Plugshare within the last 24 hours. I updated the listing with more description as to their location, and added some pictures of the chargers and the parking rate sign at the garage entrance. I was in an ICE and did not test them.

The press release announcing the installation is here: http://www.hanovernh.org/Pages/HanoverNH_News/01FC855A-000F8513

Note the press release says there is a $1/hour charging fee, in addition to parking fees. The Plugshare listing says "Free charging with parking."

2 of the 4 spaces were ICE'd this afternoon. The leftmost space (unoccupied) had 2 orange traffic cones in it. I moved one of the cones to the other unoccupied space in hopes of keeping it open.

The phone number in the Plugshare listing is Hanover Parking Operations. Hopefully they will ticket ICE'ers. Signage clearly states "EV Charging Station - Parking only while charging". Parking is at a premium in Hanover and these spaces may well be ICE'd if ICE'ers aren't actively ticketed.

I created the Plugshare listing, and I've updated it just now with the $1/hr charging fee. It's useful that the parking garage is run by a police officer, so presumably they have the power to issue parking tickets, which is unusual in parking structures.
IIRC, the town owns the garage; hence it is managed by parking operations. If there's one thing they are good at, it's issuing tickets (a friend was pulled from class by the police and issued a summons for non-payment of expired meter tickets, back when they were only $3).

I did look at the Hanover Parking Ordinance, and found:

7.G.4. - Electric Vehicle Parking Zone: No person shall stop or park any vehicle in a parking space designated as "Electric Vehicle Parking", except vehicles that are propelled or powered by electricity.

Unfortunately, I found nothing under Part D, "Charges, Penalties, and Enforcement" that lists any penalties for violating 7.G.4. Fines for all of Section 7, "Restrictions on Parking" are enumerated in Section 18, "Payment of Improper Parking Charge", except 7.G.4 is overlooked.

So it would appear that ICE'ing an "Electric Vehicle Parking Zone" is a no-no in Hanover, but there is no penalty for doing so...

I was in town today, and checked out the EV spaces. All 4 were open, with a single orange traffic cone blocking each space. Hopefully that's enough to discourage ICE'ing (seemed to be working today).

Last edited: