Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My father tells me that he misses the handle that normally is at the roofline of the door. He uses it to help me get in and out of the car. I have noticed that practially every other car has them. But those handles are missing on my MYLR.

Does anyone else miss those handles?

I haven't seen any after market options for these handles. If someone else has, I'd be interested in a heads up.

(Sorry about the thread title. I guess I do not have enough experience to get that entered properly.)

Op is referring to the handles inside the car.

Assist handles or oh crap handles. Here are sample covers for them in cars that have them - https://a.co/d/fvrJnJl

But I know of no way to add one. Needs proper mounting.
There is a thread here, about four years old now, that has a couple options. The best one is a probably a strap around the front passenger seat upright to help get in the back.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
i just realized there wasn't one when i first picked up my dry cleaning and didn't have the handle to hang my clothes in the back seat.

would be nice to be able to have a least one to hang all my dry cleaning back there

I'll check with my father and see if he thinks this will work for him. Thanks for sharing this with us/me.
My father in law uses it to get into the car from his walker and the transfer to a wheel chair so it requires upper body strength in that use.

My mother uses it to steady herself and she swings her legs in and the pull her self forward once they are in.

Hope that additional information helps.

My father has responded that he didn't think that device would help me very much getting in and out. He firmly believes that my practice of putting my hand on the top of the car allows him to reach up and grab my arm is a better approach for him.

For now, I'm happy with what he wants me to do, so long as it makes him happy.

Thanks everyone. That said, if someone finds this thread in the future and knows of a method to add such an aftermarket feature to the car, I'd be very much interested. Or perhaps someone takes possession of a new Tesla in the future where these are included, that would be nice to know too.