Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

H&R Block 2019 missing form 8911, again (EV Charger Credit)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Federal and State returns were rejected because the feds form still want ready. TurboTax said the feds will have the form ready on the 20th :rolleyes:

23A1FAB7-647B-478F-A2F3-9541DAF73656.jpeg

Yes, TT is not calculating the tax credit dates correctly. I bought my car last March and it's telling me my credit is $1875 when it should be $3750.

TT is aware of the issue as multiple people had called about this issue when I was on the phone with them. They are supposed to have it fixed tomorrow.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Ok so Tesla told me to go back on to TT and put in the $7500 and not the $3750 and that TT would correct the amount and that worked!

so if you are using TT and dont get the full $7500 just put that in anyway and TT will do the math.

Fingers crossed!

I spoke to H&R Block over their chat feature about form 8911, right after the previous software/form update on 2/14. The lady had to check on things for several minutes, but she said the form wasn't fully ready from the IRS and they expect it to be loaded in the 3/5 update of the software.

I'm impatiently waiting until then as my taxes have been ready for 3 weeks to submit, outside of form 8911.

• Helpful
Reactions: Toph
Our lady at H&R Block insists that the 8911 form is for business use only. I may be walking away if I can't manage to convince her to file it. :rolleyes:
I have a feeling that up-and-down the chain of command at H&R Block, the word is that 8911 is a business-only form and that has been their stance for years, so I'm not optimistic for 2019. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do, but it's looking like I'll be switching to TurboTax after having used H&R Block's software for decades (back when it was owned by Kiplinger).

New update from H&R Block today on Form 8911 (software updated today):

Via chat:

Thank you so much for holding. Seen the program was not giving the answer I was looking for, I ask one of my advisor. Apparently the Form is only available for Business, they do not supported in on the regular software because customer do not use it. But, you can download the Form on the IRS website, but on doing so, you have to print and mailed.