Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guess the estimate for damage…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, my S was hit while legally parked. Got the whole thing on video. Their insurance said they were 100% at fault. How much do you think this will be to repair? They are sending me a check for what I think is way too little. I’m curious what y’all think the damages are? I should add the car has full XPEL PPF wrap and ceramic coating. They also said Tesla Collision is NOT one of their shops they work with.
IMG_1664.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpeg
    IMG_1665.jpeg
    688.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    566 KB · Views: 29
Long story short, my S was hit while legally parked. Got the whole thing on video. Their insurance said they were 100% at fault. How much do you think this will be to repair? They are sending me a check for what I think is way too little. I’m curious what y’all think the damages are? I should add the car has full XPEL PPF wrap and ceramic coating. They also said Tesla Collision is NOT one of their shops they work with. View attachment 1003239
In California, you do not have to use shops the insurance companies work with. Can’t believe Texas is any different. I’ve had them pull that crap with me but told them to pound sand. After being rear ended, an extremely aggressive adjuster had my claim. She tried every nasty trick in the book. All I wanted was my car fixed, no medical claim, just fix my car.

When it was all said and done I got what I wanted, but there were a couple of battles down to the size of rental car.

I agree, do not cash the check. In my experience the check is payment in full and it will state that on the check.

That's going to be expensive. Replacing that rear quarter panel alone will be about 2k in parts between rivets and parts and adhesives. Plus 20 hours of labor at about $150/hr.
That is not including the bumper!

(ask me how i know) 🤦🏻‍♂️

For context, I was hit on the fwy because the idiot in a truck next to me was on his phone and did not see the broken down car in his lane, and the truck driver happened to grab a bunch of left steering wheel into my quarter panel.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 9.35.36 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 9.35.07 PM.jpg