Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grammar Misteaks, Spelling Misteaks, and Bad Puns :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno. Was wondering. Wikipedia offers the following:
From Latin non plus (“no more, no further”).
and

In recent North American English nonplussed has acquired the alternative meaning of "unimpressed".In 1999, this was considered a neologism, ostensibly from "not plussed", although "plussed" by itself is not a recognized English word. The "unimpressed" meaning is not considered standard usage by at least one authoritative source.

oops.

- - - Updated - - -

Was there any indication that the EPA test used 21" wheels? I'd have guessed that they'd use 19" considering that's the standard outfit and the wheel size Tesla uses to promote their range.

edit: Were these your conditions, rlawson?

- 21" wheels
- 50F outside
- 55mph
- Heat on

Using Tesla's calculator predicted 250 mi on a Range charge. I'd say your numbers are pretty close to expected.

Pretty much that is dead on. 21 inch wheels. 50-60 degrees outside. 55 mph except (now I get it right) the 15 miles where we drove through (and back through) Anderson SC. Also there are 4-5 miles each way to get to the highway from my house. So, maybe 20-25 miles of the 238.8 were non-highway. I was very pleased and surprisingly did not worry on the way back. That being said, could I have switched to range had I ran out and used the last 10%?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Zextraterrestrial viewpost-right.png
haha, 'normal' driver.

My TC is kicking in very often. My reaction is usually push it a little harder and try and get it to stick :cool:
heh... perhaps I should have put normal in quotes.. :)

...or bold! (in this case):cool:

Larry, you've been spending too much time in your car and not enough on the forum. Do try to keep up......:tongue:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by NigelM viewpost-right.png
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pete8314 viewpost-right.png
...I'm British.....anything that's expecting an American accent never works, whenever I call American Airlines or my bank, I have to put on (what I assume) is a horrible attempt at a generic American accent :smile:
Same here, although Siri works fine for me. I'm adopting an accent that Model S accepts although my daughter cracks up every time she hears me!

Is it enough to use "are" rather than "aahh"? :cool:

I wonder how many constructors are so picky about test-drives! :-D

Selling EV's by putting buts in seats, does not apply for tesla at this moment apparently! :biggrin:
True. Committing a car and staff member, plus organizing it, is an indirect expense, and unnecessary to get order flow. Just sitting in the mall looking pretty gets plenty of attention. Try giving a stacked babe advice on how to attract approaches from men!

There's no shortage of butts.

Seems like a no compromise drive but the calculator tool on the TM website is estimating more like 320km of autonomy under those conditions....
Patrick;
Can you confirm that you mean "320km of range"? The translation of that into "autonomy" is confusing; the word means independence, freedom from control in English.

It has been observed and speculated that driving more slowly in winter and snow will probably add range to compensate somewhat for added rolling resistance and heating drain of the battery. It's going to be interesting to see how that works out.