Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gong volume?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to adjust the volume of the tones that come on for autopilot, emergency warnings, etc? I don't want to turn them off but they are so loud it wakes up passengers (my 2 year old) during road trip napping.

Thanks!

I don't mind the emergency warning (that's what it's there for), but I really wish I could turn off the autopilot ding when I deactivate autopilot. I'm the one that pressed the stalk! I know it's off!

I don't mind the emergency warning (that's what it's there for), but I really wish I could turn off the autopilot ding when I deactivate autopilot. I'm the one that pressed the stalk! I know it's off!

I agree completely. The same for activating it. No ding when you do cruise control but its quite loud when you activate and deactivate autopilot.

By the way, is there a difference in the stalk detents when engaging cruise? To engage cruise all I do is press the stalk down once, just before the "autopilot detent". To engage autopilot you have to to the detent, 2 times. Is there a function of hitting the detent once?

I agree completely. The same for activating it. No ding when you do cruise control but its quite loud when you activate and deactivate autopilot.

By the way, is there a difference in the stalk detents when engaging cruise? To engage cruise all I do is press the stalk down once, just before the "autopilot detent". To engage autopilot you have to to the detent, 2 times. Is there a function of hitting the detent once?

The second detent on the drive stalk is only necessary for engaging drive and reverse. The first detent can be used for all cruise control and autopilot engagements and disengagements. Holding the stalk in the first detent (either direction) for one second will engage neutral.