Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Golf Clubs in the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I decided to see how my golf clubs would fit in the X since the cargo space isn't that big.

First, my bag fit in the frunk with the driver and 3W put in separately. This was nice.
009.JPG

Then I went to the trunk to test it out. With the shelf in the high position and the third row up, my driver would only barely fit if I didn't have the golf bag inside.
011.JPG

The bag fits without the driver and 3W:
012.JPG

With the third row folded down, the bag would only fit straight back if I moved the 2nd row forward a bit. Left in the normal position the trunk wouldn't close.
013.JPG

But I have the six seat version and I could angle the top of the clubs towards the middle and it's fine. Also with both third row seats down you can fit several bags.
014.JPG
015.JPG

With the driver and 3W removed I could fit the golf bag in the lower section of the trunk and the shelf at the high position:
018.JPG
017.JPG

One last test. With the shelf at the low position, I could fit the bag and the driver--barely:
019.JPG

When I went to the event at my local dealer a couple of weeks ago they had a golf bag there for experimenting. And the most interesting result was with the shelf in the high position, with a bag with legs, you could just have the bag standing up on its legs, and the trunk door closed with plenty of room. I haven't gotten my X yet, but maybe proven could give this a try and report back

Very disappointed in the trunk dimensions. While there is no problem with one bag (with the driver and 3 wood removed) Taking a foursome is a bit of a hassle. I put my bag in the frunk and stack the other 3 bags diagonally in the trunk - all with the driver and 3 wood removed. It's just a matter of time until the seat back gets scratched/scuffed.

With the rear seats folded down and the middle row seats moved forward, it should be possible to have 4 golf bags and 5 adults in the vehicle, likely requiring the front seats moved forward some to add legroom to the middle row seats.

If the longest clubs are removed from the bags, 4 bags should easily fit behind the middle row seats - without having to reduce the leg room for the middle row. Plus with the longest clubs removed there are additional options for placing bags in the frunk or rear lower storage.