Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM Chevy Volt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"We're Electric" and "Here to Stay."
lol
California automakers Tesla Motors and Fisker Automotive are speeding exactly in the opposite direction. Both sell electric sports coupes priced above $88,000 -- targeting well-off, environmentally minded buyers such as former Secretary of State Colin Powell and Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am.

So we know Will has a Tesla (what ever happened at that customization shop?) but is Colin Powell a Tesla or Fisker buyer?

edit add:
will.i.am brought his ride to Platinum Motorsport -nothing on their site I could find.

Last edited:
Colin likes the Fisker

Doug posted about this a while back:

[post]20690[/post]

colin-powell-at-fisker.jpg

=http://www.treehugger.com/files/20...s GM Volt's Commercial Potential : TreeHugger
Here are the relevant excerpts about the Volt:

Product mix: GM earns a large share of its profits from high-margin trucks and SUVs, which are vulnerable to a continuing shift in consumer preference to smaller vehicles. Additionally, while the Chevy Volt holds promise, it will likely be too expensive to be commercially successful in the short-term. [...]

More on the whole Presidential Auto Task Force assessment

Last edited:
I do not see why it can not be done by miles/ energy unit. Say a jewel or something. Convert gas and electric and hybrid to all the same measurement. Hybrids use x amount of gas and y amounts of electricity so x + y = total energy used. Is this unfair in some way ?!?!!?!

Had to read it twice. They keep saying "charged" but not where the charge comes from. Of course they mean from the onboard generator but what about the fully charged battery in the morning. Or not.
If GM's claims about the car are true, the 100mpg number would be closer to most people's actual experience of driving the car

Brings up the question..What about people who just get lazy or live/move to a place without charging access. That means they are always running the ICE motor.

Last edited: