Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting close to placing order - two questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About to order a white on white Y. 2.5 questions:

1) is the referral plan for 1000 free SC miles still in place?
2) Confused about home charging and the Mobile Connector - does the car come with ANY charger (L1) or is the mobile connector required to even charge at home on 110V? Also, Does the car come with a J1772 to Tesla port adapter? I already own a Volt so have a J1772 L1 charger. I will probably get a L2 charger at a later date.

PS: Plan to order white seats - will I regret this? Just two adults. Any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a 240V outlet close to where you'll park? If not, I strongly advise a wall charger sooner rather than later.

It does not come with any charger, last I checked. I can't imagine life without both the mobile adapter (to charge at destinations, friends/family where we stay on the road) and the wall charger for daily charging. Even if you have 240 nearby already, constantly having to pack up the mobile charger every time you leave is a bit of a pain. But 240 nearby will buy you time to get the wall charger at a more relaxed pace.

The only exception is if you primarily charge for free at work.

White seats, IDK, search a while about issues people have with them. Not sure if they still get stained by newish blue jeans or not, that was a problem for a while. A good friend of mine has an S with white seats, and he lives like a farmer, cows and everything. Loves it.

Reactions: katooom
My friend wanted his referral code attached to my booking, so this morning I texted the 508 number and they said the referral is only for solar products.

From what I read in this group, white seats are easy to clean and I think since last year March or April they stopped providing the cars with any chargers.

Reactions: katooom