Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: New York, 7/20- 7-/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there is no Texas event, I'm planning to attend the NJ event on Sunday. Hope to see some of you there!

Just talked to the store manager in NYC and he said that they will only have the same 5 cars at the Mahwah, NJ test drive that will be at the DC event.
Just can't believe that they won't have a Blue or Black at either of these events.
Come on Tesla, show a little love to your East Coast customers!!!

It's in my signature :)

(Sig Special 146 in case you have forum sigs shut off)

Sorry I missed that. I'm P9150 so hoping to make the NYC test drive cut. How long have you had your roadster? I assume youre a happy TM owner. Great to see folks like you investing with TM again! Any interesting feedback on your experience? Suggestions to check out during our drive day? Thx!

Sorry I missed that. I'm P9150 so hoping to make the NYC test drive cut. How long have you had your roadster? I assume youre a happy TM owner. Great to see folks like you investing with TM again! Any interesting feedback on your experience? Suggestions to check out during our drive day? Thx!

I've had it since October 2010. My last blog entry is old, but you may find it useful. I can't get enough of how the Roadster performs. While my Roadster experience has me concerned about the quality of the Model S (especially since I'm getting one very early), I'm comforted by the way I've been treated, the contacts/relationships I have, what I've personally heard from 50+ employees and several execs, and the company vision.
I'm actually trying to figure out what to pay attention to for the drive. Every time I buy a car, there's 1,000 things I notice AFTER I buy the car. My lens on the test drive will be different than most because I know what to expect with respect to performance, regen, etc. And I've watched enough videos and read enough reviews that I know what to expect in general. And let's be honest -- the test drive will do nothing to change whether I buy the car. (I mean, it would have to be HORRIBLE and everyone who's reviewed it can't be wrong).
Doing a test drive ~4 weeks before I OWN the car anyway seems a little silly -- and I'm still debating actually going. But I enjoy reporting on my experience so others can benefit from it.
If you haven't already, watch as many test drive videos as you can find, read the reviews, etc. That should give you a really good head-start so you're not overwhelmed during the drive.