Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Chicago, 7/26 - 7/28

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The littles can come, but not ride. There are static betas to try the jumpseats on, I believe.

Yes, sorry, you are correct. I got lazy typing my response. :redface: I know my daughter would get cranky that dad got to go drive in the car without her, but I had ignored the fact that a) there would be other cars in the store to try out, b) GerogeB mentioned there would be a kid watch area with games and movies during the Get Amped events, and c) Oakbrook has enough shopping in the immediate area to exhaust even the hardest of spenders!

I called Tesla this morning. The rep on the line did not know if it will be held at the Oakbrook store. I guess they haven't ironed out those details yet since they want to be able to have a "decent track" for drivers.

For those who have production numbers that are up there, there will be a model in the store available for test drives later in the year -- when, he could not confirm.

I'd be up for that if I get a Thursday slot. Tuscany or Gibson's are across the street, or Club House, Antico Posto, Reel Club, Mon Ami Gabi or Wildfire are in the mall itself. Take your pick.

What's your favorite of those that you listed? I like Italian food so I assume Tuscany would work. Wildfire sounds nice as well.

Received two emails inviting me to my personal test drive. I am mere P6366 and so perhaps it is all the sixes that got me lucky (and yes devious forum members, I did try to sign up twice, and no, it did not let me). Registered for what I think/hope is the last slot on the last day - 4pm-5pm Saturday. Why? Curious about what the state of the vehicles will be after being beaten up for a couple days with other test drives. No way to do every repair nightly, and so I want to see some wear and tear. Plus hoping if I am the last one up I might get some extra time with the car. My new interest is in the track that they are creating at Oak Brook. Lots of options as that is a uniquely situated area with lots of terrain and highway possibilities. Has any Amped test drive been in the rain yet? I kind-of hope for this too, and the midwest weather is tricky this time of year - anyone working in the Chicago Loop today knows what I am talking about.... Cheers to a great ride.