Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Genius level IQ people. Explain what Tesla is doing!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so smart that most of you can't even relate to the truth of what I'm saying.

I am 161 IQ and everything Elon does makes sense to me. If you can't understand that's on you and your poorly shaped cranium.

upload_2019-3-11_17-20-29.png

Based on some insider information from someone involved in the Model X car seat design/manufacture + other evidence, here's how Elon works:

1. Elon makes a seemingly impossible demand on a seemingly impossible timeline, seemingly on a whim.
2. Forthright contractor or employee points out why his demand is impossible.
3. Elon fires said contractor/employee and gets another one who says the impossible is possible.
4. Failure occurs. Unfortunately, the good people are now long gone leaving only the sycophants.
5. Repeat

Sometimes this chaotic style results in a win:
eg SpaceX landing rockets on a floating platform

Mostly it results in chaos:
eg Model X delays due to falcon wing door issues
eg Model 3 ramp delays due to failure of the "alien dreadnaught" "machine building the machine" stuff that didn't work.
eg Elon vs SEC
eg Elon vs NHSTA
eg AutoPilot 2 vs AutoPilot 1 debacle and the whole fake FSD video farce
eg parts debacles
eg service debacles
eg closing stores/opening stores farce
eg the unusually high turnover of senior staff at Tesla

:rolleyes:

Just wait until the numbers come out for Q1, then Q2 and so on. They’re doing just fine despite some people’s confusion and outrage.
Oh its going to take a while before they exit. Once theres a true competitor in the market in the next 2-3 years I think they'll find they have a problem keeping and attracting customers as they continue to burn all the good will and develop a bad reputation for poor customer service.

Just imagine the morale of the store personnel. One day you’re losing your job, probably. Then the next day, probably not. This should make for fantastic customer service!
It won't matter because the job of store employees now seems to be the equivalent of car show booth babes. Just stand there, look good, and direct people to the web site for ordering.

Based on some insider information from someone involved in the Model X car seat design/manufacture + other evidence, here's how Elon works:

1. Elon makes a seemingly impossible demand on a seemingly impossible timeline, seemingly on a whim.
3. Elon fires said contractor/employee and gets another one who says the impossible is possible.
4. Failure occurs. Unfortunately, the good people are now long gone leaving only the sycophants.
5. Repeat

eg Model 3 ramp delays due to failure of the "alien dreadnaught" "machine building the machine" stuff that didn't work.
eg Elon vs SEC
eg Elon vs NHSTA
eg parts debacles
eg service debacles

sbt.jpg

5. Repeat

eg Elon vs SEC
eg Elon vs NHSTA
eg parts debacles
eg service debacles

Informative and will add to my mental data point.

Though I have some followup:

Also is that a former employee?

Employees at the same company with the same manager may have different experience and perspectives.

Analyzing Tesla is incredibly difficult due to the assymetric nature of the information.

We can see the outcome but we don’t see the decision made, the facts considered and was unknown at that particular snapshot in time.

I find it hard to believe HR follows Elon around to instantly terminate every dissenting person.

I can imagine experience, level, and how you approach problems matter. If I don't think something is possible, I would say "odds not in favor of deadline but going to give it my all. Or I'll go out on my shield trying."

The image of 30,000 people in fear everyday of Elon just seems ridiculous.

Oh its going to take a while before they exit. Once theres a true competitor in the market in the next 2-3 years I think they'll find they have a problem keeping and attracting customers as they continue to burn all the good will and develop a bad reputation for poor customer service.

A new ICE competitor can use a gas station that every ICE car that proceeded it did. What is a new EV going to do? Take a look at the IPace. It's great for parading to pick up kids at school, go to soccer practice or visit grandma in the next city over. THATS IT.

I think your emotions are overriding the logic you no doubt posses.