Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game over as far the shorts instigating the institutional investors to oust Musk. :cool:

Worth watching the video of the interview.

James Anderson: ‘vicious’ short sellers are Tesla’s big problem, not Elon Musk

Edit: Holy moly! Baillie Gifford FM refers to Jim Chanos' scumbaggery, covered extensively by @jesselivenomore and @TeslaPodcast here.. Bravo!
Brilliant, brilliant interview. Thanks for posting this. Bloomberg, of course, misrepresented his comments about the uncertainty inherent in any investment.

N of one, but.... We are being pressured daily about changes upping delivery of M3. Blanket estimate in July of delivery Sept 18 to November 18. Then surprise, to September 21-28. Dated yesterday, but received today, as early as Sept 17--three days away! I've arranged for sale of enough BIDU to cover, but won't clear until Tuesday. We are scheduled for pickup September 23rd. Have not had direct contact with Delivery adviser. He's out of the office for weekend. (This was at 1:30 or so. Las Vegas time, I think.) Hmmmmm.

Sounds like plenty of product but tired delivery staff.

Since we are doing n=1, I am in Canada (Vancouver area) and was originally August-October delivery. I ordered an obsidian black, dual motor performance version and my car is ready for pick-up (was called today) at the local delivery place. They need to do a final pre-delivery inspection and then I should be getting it Sunday.

I will never have to visit a gas station again!! (I also have a 2013 Model S)

Yeah. I made a tweet on the parasitic nature of click bait

S Padival on Twitter

This tweet from cityindex had zero RTs & likes before I found it :(. Give them some more love

Citywire on Twitter

nice!
well one thing we know for sure is that linette doesn’t need another cheeseburger

what is it about these trolls that make them think if they keep spewing negative crap it will actually come true? it’s like, wtf.
again, why so much effort on hate? if they spent a small fraction of that effort on something good for society, the results on whatever cause they chose would be noticeable within weeks

and btw, not related. but i had to add.
jack dorsey did an hour interview Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey talked to NYU’s Jay Rosen for an hour, on the record. Read and listen to the full interview here.
media linked in article.

i listened to it. not bad. but not one question about handling fake accounts. really?? not one??? BS. wouldve been my first question.

Last edited:
My 3 Teslas.jpg

Moderator: Nice, but DO NOT DUPLICATE POST! Moderators are known to eschew mild manners for less....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Off Shore
This is a interesting tidbit from the Wards Auto article:

As part of my job I test drive about 100 new cars a year, from entry-level economy boxes, to blisteringly fast sports cars, to the toniest of luxury sedans. Unfortunately, Tesla does not make its cars available for test drives to members of the automotive media like me. I think the company is missing out on a huge opportunity. If other automotive journalists got to experience a Tesla like I did, it would likely generate a new group of enthusiastic supporters.

Source: How I Drank the Tesla Kool-Aid and Became a Believer

This reminds me a quote about two Italian newspapers:
La Repubblica sells 200k copies every day. Il Foglio sells 2k, but everyone weights like a stone.
It really matter *which* people you are trying to convince.
A few loaners could help convince some key, vocal people in the auto industry, and help tame the FUD, which in turn will help the stock price.

It's interesting to see bulls here citing Wards Auto... Wards' August estimate was only 6k Model 3 deliveries in the US in August, 35k Model 3s sold year-through-August. That would be pretty disastrous for Tesla if true.

See 59:40 in this video.

It's interesting to see bulls here citing Wards Auto... Wards' August estimate was only 6k Model 3 deliveries in the US in August, 35k Model 3s sold year-through-August. That would be pretty disastrous for Tesla if true.

See 59:40 in this video.

Non consequitur.
I cited the review of a car-guy who didn't like Tesla that now, after driving one, does.
I'm not endorsing every opinion from the same publication.

This is several orders of magnitude below lame. Using your logic, just because the NYT publishes an oped from a Trump insider, does it mean they are right wing?

Tesla is ending the free unlimited Supercharging era today – what does it mean?

Sorry for being lazy. Are there projections on potential and actual positive impact for the bottom line due to paid supercharging by tens of thousands new Teslas?

Paid supercharging at this moment is negligible for Tesla, I estimate the revenue should be around $10m a year assume there are 100,000 paying Teslas. In 2 years this revenue could reach $100~200m a year, still very small. It will go dramatically higher later when autonomous driving is enabled.

A related topic: I think the free supercharging for life is very valuable for owners in the long term view. Currently the feature worth about $2k assume the car can last 20 years. If full autonomous is achieved in 3 years, then suddenly free supercharging may worth a lot. I always wanted to spend a year to travel the whole country. Now I could sleep in the car, travel at zero cost, two free supercharging per day. The free charging could save $6k in just one year. The demand for these used cars will be high too.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Status
Not open for further replies.