Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gainesville Service/Delivery Center!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news for Gainesville-area folks! It looks like Tesla will be building a service and delivery center in Gainesville! The Gainesville City Commission just approved the project and a zoning change for the center at its July 20 meeting. The address is 2403 NE Fifth Terrace, which is right in the area where all the other car dealerships are located. There needs to be a second reading of the zoning change request, after which the developers will submit their development plan for approval. If all goes well, they expect to start turning dirt in November, with a completion date of the third quarter of 2024. It will be wonderful not to have to drive to Jacksonville to pick up a Tesla or to have it serviced when the mobile service isn't appropriate.

I first heard about this from the publication The Independent Florida Alligator (click the link for the article). I also watched the City Commission meeting to verify the publication's information (The Alligator got the address wrong in their article). If anyone also wants to watch the presentation at the City Commission meeting, you can watch it here. Go about five hours into the meeting to see the specific presentation on the Tesla service/delivery center.

Jeff

Great news for Gainesville-area folks! It looks like Tesla will be building a service and delivery center in Gainesville! The Gainesville City Commission just approved the project and a zoning change for the center at its July 20 meeting. The address is 2403 NE Fifth Terrace, which is right in the area where all the other car dealerships are located. There needs to be a second reading of the zoning change request, after which the developers will submit their development plan for approval. If all goes well, they expect to start turning dirt in November, with a completion date of the third quarter of 2024. It will be wonderful not to have to drive to Jacksonville to pick up a Tesla or to have it serviced when the mobile service isn't appropriate.

I first heard about this from the publication The Independent Florida Alligator (click the link for the article). I also watched the City Commission meeting to verify the publication's information (The Alligator got the address wrong in their article). If anyone also wants to watch the presentation at the City Commission meeting, you can watch it here. Go about five hours into the meeting to see the specific presentation on the Tesla service/delivery center.

Jeff
Thanks for pointing this out. The number of Teslas around town appear to have grown exponentially since March. A service center will be extremely helpful.

Here is the city’s planning and development map showing the location and size. I need to take a drive over there and see what it looks like.

Thanks for pointing this out. The number of Teslas around town appear to have grown exponentially since March. A service center will be extremely helpful.

Here is the city’s planning and development map showing the location and size. I need to take a drive over there and see what it looks like.
I've driven out to the property a couple of times. It's basically a bunch of trees behind an existing used car lot. It looks like several of the trees have been marked for removal. There was also someone who was apparently living in his truck right around that property, but it looks like he's moved on now.

Update: A sign has appeared at the site giving notice of a hearing at the Development Board on January 23 at 6:30 pm. Looks like things are running a bit behind Tesla's anticipated schedule. At the initial hearing, they were hoping to have approval from the Development Board by the end of November.

Attachments

• notice.jpg
    notice.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 37
Looks like the Gainesville Development Board has approved the building plan for the new service/delivery center. The Colliers real estate company has issued a press release about the new center:

I drove by the lot the other day, There had been a row of used cars parked along the Main Street side of the property. Those cars are now gone, so hopefully construction will begin soon. The old Ryan's Steakhouse building will be demolished to make way for the new Tesla building.

Jeff