Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fukuta supply role to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets stay on topic .... the Tesla Motors Model S uses an AC Induction servo motor -
what company has expertise in AC Induction servo motors and has shipped tons of product to Tesla Motors........ Fukuta

great explanation of AC Induction motors for EVs and the benefits of servo control for EV applications.
http://ocw.nthu.edu.tw/ocw/upload/124/news/%5B%E9%9B%BB%E5%8B%95%E6%A9%9F%E6%A2%B0L27%E8%A3%9C%E5%85%85%E6%95%99%E6%9D%90%5DNCTU_%E9%83%AD%E5%BF%97%E7%80%9A_%E5%AF%A6%E7%8F%BE%E6%84%9F%E6%87%89%E9%9B%BB%E5%8B%95%E8%BB%8A%E6%9C%80%E5%A4%A7%E5%8A%A0%E9%80%9F%E6%80%A7%E8%83%BD%E8%88%87%E6%9C%80%E9%AB%98%E6%95%88%E7%8E%87%E4%B9%8B%E6%8E%A7%E5%88%B6%E8%A8%AD%E8%A8%88%E8%88%87%E5%88%87%E6%8F%9B%E7%AD%96%E7%95%A5.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

I love your persistence... Thank god we all don't agree ....

This entire thread blows my mind. :scared:
I've never seen someone so obsessed or desperate to prove a point with self conflicting, "evidence," at least not outside of paranoid conspiracies. Also, I appreciate the complete disregard for the dictionary, and as such, I must say this conversation is brilliant.

Why can't he understand the difference between servo motors and traction motors? Even after quite a few have explained this a few times on this thread?

Is this a some kind of 'shorters disease' ? - I will keep parroting the same thing and will refuse to understand.

As the king of Tesla bear, JP, used to say often: I can explain but can't make you understand.

Lets stay on topic ....

I love your persistence... Thank god we all don't agree ....

Really? You were the one who started the off-topic track... and now when we push you into a corner on it you complain about being off-topic?

If anything you are the one being persistent after we have provided plenty of evidence against your obscure claims.

PS: I can't open the PDF on this computer, will have to check it out when I get home, but I suspect you are confusing a Servo Motor for a Servo *Controller*. As an example see this product:

Model AB125A200 - Electric Vehicle Motor Controller - Analog Input Trapezoidal Brushless Servo Amplifiers | Servo2Go

I'm not even saying it's impossible that Tesla uses a servo design, but Avenger first needs to prove his claim that they do, then he needs to somehow prove that the motor production we all know is happening in the Tesla factory is not actually happening, but is being done by Fukuta.

Why can't he understand the difference between servo motors and traction motors? Even after quite a few have explained this a few times on this thread?
Is this a some kind of 'shorters disease' ? - I will keep parroting the same thing and will refuse to understand.

Seems so.
And like other such TSLA bears / shorts, als 'Avenger' starts spreading (parrotting) the same nonsense, that he was already proven wrong on, on other websites.

Guys/Gals,

I think it might be best to just ignore this guy. His persistence is either a product of delusion/paranoia, or some agenda. Neither of which you'll be able to counter without him actually providing evidence.

The impetus is on him to provide evidence that Fukata is producing these motors for Tesla. Until he does so, it seem pointless to continue giving him a reason to respond.

Of course, I do find the conversation humorous...so maybe ignore my suggestion.

Guys/Gals,

I think it might be best to just ignore this guy. His persistence is either a product of delusion/paranoia, or some agenda. Neither of which you'll be able to counter without him actually providing evidence.

The impetus is on him to provide evidence that Fukata is producing these motors for Tesla. Until he does so, it seem pointless to continue giving him a reason to respond.

Of course, I do find the conversation humorous...so maybe ignore my suggestion.

I'm in the camp that finds this thread hilarious :biggrin:

I couldn't care less what Fukuta does or doesn't make for Tesla. It's about as relevant as whether an Apple A9 CPU fabbed by TSMC or Samsung ended up in one's iPhone 6S, lol :eek:

Actually Fukuta developed the falcon 9 engines in its spare time ,
they too have hobbies, and I have the shipping manifest and
customs papers to back it up.

LOL

This is both an entertaining and educational thread. I've learned a lot about different motors and how stock options are handled, based on the Avenger's post.
Just so know that even if you can't convince him, I certainly appreciated all the debunking efforts posted here!

Can't wait for the next move on the chess board. :)

The great traction of a Tesla Motors Model S is a result of the AC Induction servo motor - http://ocw.nthu.edu.tw/ocw/upload/124/news/[電動機械L27補充教材]NCTU_郭志瀚_實現感應電動車最大加速性能與最高效率之控制設計與切換策略.pdf View attachment 105011

Servo control is mentioned here as a tracking of the rotation of the traction motor's position. It is discuss as a plus so that flux and torque current can be adjusted on the fly to achieve the maximum effect: high torque current on low speed and high flux current on high speed. Servo motor is not optimal for cars because servo motors requires constant input on the exact position of the next angular position that you want the servo motor to be at. i.e. 100 degree or 200 degree.

So for the servo to rotate 360 degree all the time, a hardware limiter needs to be removed and the input signal needs to be constantly modified. As far as I am aware, a pusle width generated by a DSP is used to feed the signal on a twisted line. So any noise will mean the wrong degree is specified and the motor rotation enter into a lockup which, in a car, means disaster.

Where servo motor excels, is in robot arms and, in my opinion of TSLA, model X's falcon wing doors. Then again, servo motor tech could've advanced enough that these limits I mentioned no longer applies. In any case, this paper is written only 3 years ago, from concept to actual engineering application takes some time, I doubt the concept provided in the paper was used in Model S. ANd it's a master's degree thesis anyway, I also doubt people will take it that seriously.

Last edited:
You know what. I don't even care if Fakuta or any no name outfit builds the traction motors too. It doesn't matter.

If Tesla has chosen a supplier I am sure they have done it for a good reason with the best interest of their customers in mind.

"Tesla bought some motors from someone, therefore they buy their traction motors from that someone" must be a contender for the dumbest argument ever presented in this forum.

There's plenty of electric motors to be found in a car factory, doing various things. They have to be procured too, before you even make any cars, and again when you update your assembly lines (which Tesla has done recently).

That Tesla are buying motors is not a big deal. Every other manufacturing plant on the planet buys motors.

There's plenty of different motors to be found in cars too, regardless of whether they're BEVs. Outsourcing those? Again, not news. Every car manufacturer does that.

If Tesla were outsourcing their traction motor production, that would be significant. Thing is, we've already seen those being made at Fremont, from stator winding to final assembly. You can watch it on video, or take the tour and go see it in person. You can see the assembled drive unit installed in the chassis at Tesla stores and in delivered cars; it's the same thing.

Until you show us another company making those specific motors and shipping them to Tesla by the thousand, there is no news here. This is why you're way past the point anyone has to take you seriously on this topic, Avenger.

I think you missed the part, JER, where the videos are all fake and the factory tours are just for show. They don't actually make their motors in house, it is all an elaborate scheme. In fact I heard they hired Steven Spielberg to make the footage and filmed it on the same studio they made the moon landing videos from. Why if you look closely in one of the clips you will find the reflection of Elon shaking hands with Obama and Spielberg on this job well done as they were filming. And of course they are all wearing pentagrams because they are all three part of the Illuminati. It is all so clear how can you not see it?

25TonsofFukuta.PNG

Here is a customs/bill of lading for 25 US tons of AC Induction motors/parts from Fukuta Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. imports from Yusen Logistics (Taiwan) Ltd. - Tpe | Customs Trade Data
Here is the record of 2.5 tons of Fukuta AC Induction motors to Tesla Tesla Motors, Inc. imports from Fukuta Electric Machinery Co.,Ltd | Customs Trade Data

All motors and parts come from Fukuta.....yes, I'm sure Tesla Motors assembles some in California to reassure investors, but all the motor parts come from Fukuta.

AC Induction motor (is AC for alternating current these are not used for wipers or windows or anything than drive train).
Fukuta Electric& Machinery Coltd. - Export Data And Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.