Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really curious how they'll be able to rapidly update for local law differences when they have to chunk in enormous amounts of training data to get different models to work in all the various conditions. So far, the right turn on red lights seems to be "just run them all, no worries." Brilliant. No notes.
1. Get plenty of data in each jurisdiction of good drivers obeying the laws
2. Input the GPS position the the neural network
3. Let the neural network figure out which laws applies where it is

1. Get plenty of data in each jurisdiction of good drivers obeying the laws
2. Input the GPS position the the neural network
3. Let the neural network figure out which laws applies where it is
Agreed, and I don't see why a condensed version of the important laws, probably rolled into the map database, couldn't be tokenized and made into an input for the neural network.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
2 things with v12.2.1 tonight:.....
2. 2023.44.30.20/FSD shows message "Autopilot speed is limited for emergency vehicles". It happened on freeway when seeing emergency cars in front and on the adjacent lane.
This is not v12 Beta. When on the interstate you are on the v11 stack since v12 doesn't work on limited access yet. It switches stacks like the "old" v10 did.

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc and GSP
I don’t have the hawt new 12.x.x yet, but I’d like to see if it can handle the short trip from the end of my driveway to stop sign at the end of my road without:

-driving off the road
-slamming on the brakes 15ft before said stop sign
-coming to a complete stop if there is oncoming traffic

This is about an 1/8mile trip on the very rural road I live on. It would be an improvement if it can solve this short trip.

Nothing we really haven't been expecting but looks like 12.2.1 went out to all the "lucky" 1%s and is likely dead now. So hopefully will we see 12.3 by early next week. Any bets if it will be a rollout to the same testers or increased to the 5% test? Being optimistic I just bought another "lotto ticket" for the 5% increase 12.3 drawing. Of course going by my dismal history of bringing up the rear in receiving releases it seems a waste of effort. But hope springs eternal. 🤪

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 7.27.17 AM.png

No skeptics here? lol. "Skeptic" here, lurking and watching all the commentary. No need to criticize anything, all you cheerleaders are doing a great job pointing out all the flaws repeatedly. I have a giant bowl of popcorn.

I jest, really I hope there's a break through, but from the cheap seats, all I see are all the same excuses after every "major -fire- update" (just gotta wait until they set the sliders back to normal! needs more training! etc).

10 years minimum, not on this hardware, ever. (coast to coast in dark and rain?)

I am really curious how they'll be able to rapidly update for local law differences when they have to chunk in enormous amounts of training data to get different models to work in all the various conditions. So far, the right turn on red lights seems to be "just run them all, no worries." Brilliant. No notes.

I spend 7 months with mud on all cameras but the front. When I clean them, they get dirty in 2 blocks. That will never be solved.

Not a skeptic, just pragmatic.
Agree, 100%. Fans have been rationalizing poor performance for years now, but the next release will “blow your mind,” of course.

I don’t have the hawt new 12.x.x yet, but I’d like to see if it can handle the short trip from the end of my driveway to stop sign at the end of my road without:

-driving off the road
-slamming on the brakes 15ft before said stop sign
-coming to a complete stop if there is oncoming traffic

This is about an 1/8mile trip on the very rural road I live on. It would be an improvement if it can solve this short trip.
Now, now…. Remember, Elon said v12 would not be beta….

🤣

It’s a safety concern that they removed the ability to bypass the nag with alternate hands free options? If your hands are on the wheel these are not needed.
I don’t disagree but I get nags all the time with both hands in the yoke eyes forward. Turned the nags off often by adjusting the volume. Inadvertently cancelled FSD by torsion. If your hands are on the wheel, then the camera should recognize that and not have to solely rely on a physical move.

No skeptics here? lol. "Skeptic" here, lurking and watching all the commentary. No need to criticize anything, all you cheerleaders are doing a great job pointing out all the flaws repeatedly. I have a giant bowl of popcorn.

I jest, really I hope there's a break through, but from the cheap seats, all I see are all the same excuses after every "major -fire- update" (just gotta wait until they set the sliders back to normal! needs more training! etc).

10 years minimum, not on this hardware, ever. (coast to coast in dark and rain?)

I spend 7 months with mud on all cameras but the front. When I clean them, they get dirty in 2 blocks. That will never be solved.

Not a skeptic, just pragmatic.

There is no shortage of challenges. Gotta hope NVDA's GPUs make the difference. George Hotz says vehicle autonomy is at least 10 years away. We might be looking back at HW3 and HW4 equipped vehicles like that old incapable 1980's Carnegie Mellon van.

Reactions: jebinc
It is not that this has been solved over a million times by others for him to know exactly what it would take to reach the goal.

To me this is like Clark & Lewis kind of expedition. The ocean is just around the corner they thought, not realizing they are still a 1000 miles from Oregon border.
When it comes to Elon, as the CEO, he should know better than to repeatedly spout off that full FSD is near, when it’s not. No excuse.

Image 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Nothing we really haven't been expecting but looks like 12.2.1 went out to all the "lucky" 1%s and is likely dead now. So hopefully will we see 12.3 by early next week. Any bets if it will be a rollout to the same testers or increased to the 5% test? Being optimistic I just bought another "lotto ticket" for the 5% increase 12.3 drawing. Of course going by my dismal history of bringing up the rear in receiving releases it seems a waste of effort. But hope springs eternal. 🤪

View attachment 1020751
Hopefully 12.3 is already being tested internally with positive results so 12.3.1 can be release soon thereafter.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I had an interesting experience tonight with V12. Leaving a store, I decided to see if FSD could drive me out of the parking lot. It was doing fine until it spotted a nice empty spot between two cars and tried to park itself again.
Sentience might be closer than we think!
(Sorry dad, I need a nap, right after I finish scrolling IG clips of Waymo running red lights)