Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very enthused by the YouTube videos I am seeing on 11.3 FSD version. This is the first time I remember it has got more praise than negative comments. End of the year I am optimistic you can see it driving with ease and very little disengagement in most places in the US except in the congested North eastern cities.
I have 11.3 and have had more interventions with the car wanting to pull out ln front of on coming traffic at intersections . Also still need to intervene at school zones specially if the speed is hour depended.

I have 11.3 and have had more interventions with the car wanting to pull out ln front of on coming traffic at intersections . Also still need to intervene at school zones specially if the speed is hour depended.
You feel that it's pulling out in front of incoming traffic but it would have stopped. Does freaks me out but 2 out of 2 when I felt like it's going to pull out in front of oncoming traffic but the car stops every time. Maybe you can tell Tesla and get them to work on it to be more natural vs freaking people out every time. Dirty Tesla in the video before the current one even spoke about this when he said "and this is the part that freaks people out and most people intervene, which is fine" as the car creeps up ((in a pretty fast way too)) into incoming traffic in an intersection.

11.6 is definitely a major regression for us from 10.69

Traffic circles with traffic in them will result in a collision 100 percent of the time now as it no longer cedes right of way to anyone in the circle.

If there is a right turn coming up it moves to the left lane, if there is a left turn coming up it moves to the right lane, and that is reproduceable 100 percent of the time on a given route.

It will dart into right turn lanes or bus stop lanes every time and then dart back out never using a signal.

It signals whenever it wants to and causes confusion for other drivers.

I would say the most we can go in a city without an intervention is a few hundred meters where with 10.69 it was good for minutes at a time.

For an attentive driver it’s not really dangerous as interventions are easy but one has to be on the ball for this version. Our last 7 kilometre trip we intervened and reported 21 times.

I’m sure it will get better. This has happened before. For some reason these big failure versions precede big improvements. We’ll just keep beta testing and reporting. But as I have said before, at this pace any kind of robotaxi level of FSD is decades away and I doubt can ever happen with existing hardware. Meh. Still fun being a beta tester.

Traffic circles with traffic in them will result in a collision 100 percent of the time now as it no longer cedes right of way to anyone in the circle.

If there is a right turn coming up it moves to the left lane, if there is a left turn coming up it moves to the right lane, and that is reproduceable 100 percent of the time on a given route.

It will dart into right turn lanes or bus stop lanes every time and then dart back out never using a signal.

I would say the most we can go in a city without an intervention is a few hundred meters where with 10.69 it was good for minutes at a time.

For an attentive driver it’s not really dangerous as interventions are easy but one has to be on the ball for this version. Our last 7 kilometre trip we intervened and reported 21 times.

I’m sure it will get better. This has happened before. For some reason these big failure versions precede big improvements. We’ll just keep beta testing and reporting. But as I have said before, at this pace any kind of robotaxi level of FSD is decades away and I doubt can ever happen with existing hardware. Meh. Still fun being a beta tester.
Similar to Star Trek movies--all the even ones are good.

Are you re calibrate your camera try to restart your car and make another test 2 or 3 days ago rhe older version take a while to change to this and have time to become stable I'm remember the same problems when version 10.69 go out and two three weeks later all said its the Best.

Are you re calibrate your camera try to restart your car and make another test 2 or 3 days ago rhe older version take a while to change to this and have time to become stable I'm remember the same problems when version 10.69 go out and two three weeks later all said its the Best.
Yah I can try that again. It hasn’t changed results in the past but really it wasn’t a huge problem until the 11 series updates. More than likely the next revision will fix a lot of this. Seems to work that way. I’m not too worried.

Do you think FSD development is accelerating?

This is what I was talking about a few pages back. The rate of releases continues to far outpaces FSD beta's history once they hit single stack. Going to be fascinating to see the progress for the next year post single stack release combined with a massive amount of new cars in the US that will enable far greater data collection for corner cases.

Do you think FSD development is accelerating?

No, discouragingly not. With version 11, phantom braking increases, as does occasional random turn signaling and increased actual wrong turns (usually just BEFORE that actual correct turn location). If FSD development IS accelerating, it's doing so in the wrong direction.

The rate of new FSD releases may increase, data collection might increase, but I can only hope we see better results soon. I found myself repeatedly disengaging and driving without even cruise control on a 130 mile trip yesterday.
This is what I was talking about a few pages back. The rate of releases continues to far outpaces FSD beta's history once they hit single stack. Going to be fascinating to see the progress for the next year post single stack release combined with a massive amount of new cars in the US that will enable far greater data collection for corner cases.

Last edited:
No, discouragingly not. With version 11, phantom braking increases, as does occasional random turn signaling and increased actual wrong turns (usually just BEFORE that actual correct place to turn). If FSD development IS accelerating, it's doing so in the wrong direction.

My experience with 11 has been a substantial improvement over 10. I do see phantom breaking every now and then, but it's a lot "gentler". No slamming on of the brakes, just a slowing down of 5-10 MPH. Not perfect, but an improvement.

The release notes for 11.4 give me hope since the majority of my interventions and disengagements are thing like darting into a 100% bus only lane or moving into the far right lane to "follow route" with a left turn coming.

Besides that it's some level of training myself that it will make the turn even if I would have initiated it earlier with a different radius.

No, discouragingly not. With version 11, phantom braking increases, as does occasional random turn signaling and increased actual wrong turns (usually just BEFORE that actual correct turn location). If FSD development IS accelerating, it's doing so in the wrong direction.

The rate of new FSD releases may increase, data collection might increase, but I can only hope we see better results soon. I found myself repeatedly disengaging and driving without even cruise control on a 130 mile trip yesterday.
Reset your MCU, it'll help a lot with the phantom braking.

My experience with 11 has been a substantial improvement over 10. I do see phantom breaking every now and then, but it's a lot "gentler". No slamming on of the brakes, just a slowing down of 5-10 MPH. Not perfect, but an improvement.
They are doing something with V11 I have never felt before, which is a constant update of behaviors. The car used to stick to the same mistakes when it comes to lane selection until maybe 10 different versions down the line and maybe the behavor would finally be fixed. Now with V11 I am getting random inconsistent behaviors. Lane that was wrong yesterday is correct today, and what was correct yesterday can be wrong today. It's totally bazaar and I think they are doing some kind of fleet data collection with map data and is constantly updating over the air(like what Green said, how central command updates the data every 5 mins).

How does one do this? Thanks... phantom braking on our Model Y since day one; Sept. 2021
Okay the type of FSD phantom braking after a new update = massive slow downs at intersections on two lane roads, slow downs whenever it sees another car at an intersection, slow downs and speed ups for no good reason, slams on the brake after it has made a decision to make a turn, slams on the brake during a turn.

If you experience all of these behaviors in rapid successions as if your FSD beta is broken or you feel like it has regressed 25 updates, reset that MCU.
After the reset, there may be also sometimes long drives when your steering wheel wouldn't allow you to engage. This is normal and after you can engage, FSDB will resume back to normal operation.

Resetting the MCU is just pressing down on both scroll wheel button for 10 seconds

It's the narrative, not the earnings, that will soon be driving share price. Once people understand that AI will be disrupting much of the economy they will look for ways to capitalize on that knowledge. Subject matter experts will be advising their clients that the time is now to invest in this tech. Tesla will finally make the jump from being a car company to being an AI company. Lane selection, speed control, turn signal and phantom braking make FSD a nuisance on the roads (just sayin') ... but the path to full autonomy is downhill from here.

Okay the type of FSD phantom braking after a new update = massive slow downs at intersections on two lane roads, slow downs whenever it sees another car at an intersection, slow downs and speed ups for no good reason, slams on the brake after it has made a decision to make a turn, slams on the brake during a turn.

If you experience all of these behaviors in rapid successions as if your FSD beta is broken or you feel like it has regressed 25 updates, reset that MCU.
After the reset, there may be also sometimes long drives when your steering wheel wouldn't allow you to engage. This is normal and after you can engage, FSDB will resume back to normal operation.

Resetting the MCU is just pressing down on both scroll wheel button for 10 seconds
Um. Just reporting from the FSD-b trenches.

The problem with FSD-b updates has been, in general, that Tesla digs in and fixes some really nasty behavior. In a bit of a shell game, other things that either had been working reasonably well (for a given value of "reasonable") now start either working differently or, depending upon the user, worse. Those who hang out in the TMC FSD-b forums tend to call these.. changed behaviors, "regressions".

Problem is, calling something a regression is painting something with a pretty wide brush. In the past, some of those regressions have been down-right dangerous and fraught. And changed behaviors can cause trouble. People tend to internalize the mechanics of what the cars are doing in certain situations, to the point where one expects that given a particular situation, the car's going to react in a certain way. If the car reacts in a different way, this makes at least some of the users of the car somewhat bloody-minded and irritated. And it doesn't help much that some of the cars' behaviors under FSD-b appear to be probabilistic; that is, given what appears to be the same set of events entering a situation, one will get varying results, some of which might rightly be called dangerous, rather than one expected result.

All of which leads to, shall we say, a certain amount of white-knuckle driving. But that's why this is a beta program: It's still not ready for the general public.

Still, the recent release of the 11.3.3, 11.3.4, 11.3.5, and 11.3.6 FSD-b loads has been rather interesting. First: The city streets and highway driving stacks have been made one and the same. I can report that most of the highway driving experience has shown decent improvement: Better braking, better lane change mechanics, and so on. Before, it was common when one switched from one slow lane to a faster lane, it wasn't uncommon for the car to seem to take forever to speed up. It doesn't do that so much any more. There are the usual regressions, here: It used to be that the highway driving software more-or-less required human interaction to change lanes. If one is in FSD-b, the car will change lanes on its own. But if the mapping software isn't quite up to snuff, a car might try and cross four lanes on an interstate in the process of hitting an off-ramp for a place where the car shouldn't be going anyway.

City streets are a bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand, the car handles turns smoother than it used to, which is nice. But it still manages to get stuck in the wrong lane. Stop sign handling is very slow, slower than the last major release. (Some of this might be due to the FHTSA.) Some intersections can now be handled, whereas in the previous release they couldn't. Some users claim that intersections that did work now don't. Some users report that drives that would require an intervention per mile on the older software now requires six. (But there are other users in different environments who report the opposite..)

Were the 11.3.XX releases an improvement? My opinion is, "Yes!". Perfect? No way. But there's been a bunch of hypothesizing. The thought is that it was required that the local and highway stacks be unified; once that was done, then more could be done.

So, we're all waiting with bated breath to see if the 11.4 release coming has more improvements, perhaps major ones.

And there we are.

Actually one issue i have with FSD Beta is that it seems to make my voice commands virtually never work. Is this just me?

It used to be a cool demo for people new to Tesla- but now it's frankly embarrassing.
Like "navigate home" or "search spotify William Tell's Overture"? That stuff is working great for me as always.

Like "navigate home" or "search spotify William Tell's Overture"? That stuff is working great for me as always.
Either. Anything that involves voice recognition once we are moving. It works when parked on wifi and the streaming and navigation themselves work on lte. Just the voice part fails 95% of the time. It started in like November.