Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated with FSD timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I find it hard to believe that the likes of the Woz actually believed the FSD claims.

I've always hated the FSD because it was such a ridiculous farce, and people fell for it. So it ended up being one out of two events that made me feel like people in this country have gone completely mad.

Reactions: cwerdna
I find it hard to believe that the likes of the Woz actually believed the FSD claims.

I've always hated the FSD because it was such a ridiculous farce, and people fell for it. So it ended up being one out of two events that made me feel like people in this country have gone completely mad.
So, in your opinion, is Elon delusional or a lair?

• Funny
Reactions: davidc18 and Swift
So, in your opinion, is Elon delusional or a lair?

Historically he's an over optimistic sales person that fundamentally believes that if you think of something you can make it happen.

It might be a little late, and it might not be exactly what you claimed. But, it's going to be worth it to people because it's so much better than what exist now.

So it's okay if it ends up a little short.

That I was okay with, and in some ways made perfect sense. Especially for a company creating something out of thin air. After all my entire experience with the Tesla is really about things that didn't exist just a few years ago. Where I did buy it on a bit of faith. Faith that the superchargers would make it out, and faith in the destination charging.

When FSD he went way too freakin far, and he has to reel it in a bit. I fully expect him to reel it in, and I'm surprised he hasn't already. He's only accepted that he has egg on his face.

Reactions: NerdUno
I have never believe the FSD timeline, or the fact that the car as is will ever be capable of it. I bought my car in mid 2017 with the full expectation that it will never FSD and that is OK. It is still something admirable to shoot for, and if you get 50% of the way, it would be amazing. I do expect with my purchase that AP2 would become a level 3 system in a reasonable amount of time (like 1 year, about now), where once you turn it on, you don't have to monitor the situation until the car tells you to. I even expect it to only do level 3 on limited access highways on a day with good weather. It is disappointing to me that it still hasn't happened yet, and that AP2 still seems to lack in some areas compared to AP1 (reading speed signs, showing more cars on the screen etc...) even though it may be better in other areas.

I know progress cannot be predicted, but would appreciate more transparency and honesty from Tesla's part on where we are at and where we are likely to get to in the next 6-12 months.

Funny. I feel the same way as Woz about Elon, Tesla, and their cars. And I don't own any Apple stock so I don't have any hidden motives to dis Tesla.
This. Exactly. Validation.

I really don’t see Musk delivering on FSD during the lifecycle of my car. I think Woz saying it too will help focus attention on this issue (or at least be a good pr for the class action).

.. and IMHO you should add his Boring idea with car on skates. Seems so far fetched for me, I am surprised that even city councils are falling for it.

The issue with that one really involves how to get the cars down there. I don't have any doubt that we need to go underground, and that we need to automate it. I do like ideas like the hyperloop.

But, why the skates? Why not have electrical cars that talk to each other, and have the underground the automated part? That way they can sell more electrical cars, and automated cars.

Or maybe change how the cars get onto the skates.

He does need to show a simulation of the skates actually solving traffic problem. To my knowledge he hasn't done this.

Reactions: Swift
The issue with that one really involves how to get the cars down there. I don't have any doubt that we need to go underground, and that we need to automate it. I do like ideas like the hyperloop.

But, why the skates? Why not have electrical cars that talk to each other, and have the underground the automated part? That way they can sell more electrical cars, and automated cars.

Or maybe change how the cars get onto the skates.

He does need to show a simulation of the skates actually solving traffic problem. To my knowledge he hasn't done this.

I believe there is still a ventilation problem, even with EVs, due to tire dust and such.

Also, a skake would not get flat tires that could cause accidents. And a skate can be set in a track to fit with more precision.

I’m not saying skates will work. Just that they do address a problem.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
You seem pretty knowledgeable. You must know about autoencoders and other unsupervised learning techniques. And you must also know about transfer learning and other feature extraction and embedding techniques. Why do you think these are not useful for NN based visual recognition systems?

only naive people believe such nonsense.
again, everything i have said from day one has been bullseye!
duaUIeY.png

Reactions: 1 person
Theres a lot of posts so admittedly did not read this in its entirety but is there a method to have fsd refunded after purchase. I got fsd because it was in my inventory car and they wouldnt remove
It and spent an extra 3 k. I agree its not in the car’s lifecycle and if i upgrade to a new tesla i assume i just lose that value. Any chance we can have it refunded and has anyone attempted that?

You just randomly cite 6 month old posts so you can make unrelated comments? Even a bot written by a high school kid can do better than that.

I guess to the crosseyed man everything is 'bullseye'. You are now blocked my friend.

OMG, you don't know blader? He's the person that you should be challenging and shutting down, not blocking. While I do not like blader, its perspective is certainly different from the chorus that exists on TMC. While I find their attitude poor, to say the least, their posts are generally informative and challenge the herd mindset.

Since you are quite knowledgeable, I suggest engaging rather than withdrawing.

I am not knowledgeable enough but I do keep track of how often (and its OFTEN) blader has been wrong.

Remember, blader said EAP in July. Then september. Ironically, he's actually been overly optimistic! Don't let him get away with saying end of 2018/19 like PM_NIPS.

Theres a lot of posts so admittedly did not read this in its entirety but is there a method to have fsd refunded after purchase. I got fsd because it was in my inventory car and they wouldnt remove
It and spent an extra 3 k. I agree its not in the car’s lifecycle and if i upgrade to a new tesla i assume i just lose that value. Any chance we can have it refunded and has anyone attempted that?

No chance. Prior to purchase they can and do remove software like FSD or EAP if you DEMAND IT. If you just ask and they say no, then you're stuck.

OMG, you don't know blader? He's the person that you should be challenging and shutting down, not blocking. While I do not like blader, its perspective is certainly different from the chorus that exists on TMC. While I find their attitude poor, to say the least, their posts are generally informative and challenge the herd mindset.

Since you are quite knowledgeable, I suggest engaging rather than withdrawing.

I am not knowledgeable enough but I do keep track of how often (and its OFTEN) blader has been wrong.

Remember, blader said EAP in July. Then september. Ironically, he's actually been overly optimistic! Don't let him get away with saying end of 2018/19 like PM_NIPS.

Thanks for your consideration, I appreciate it. But this isn't our first dance and I had to stop trying after making no progress towards constructive dialog. Now, months later, I'm being randomly linked to vituperation and boasting and while I'm powerless to stop it at least I can refuse to look at it.

For a long time I avoided blocking people with the idea that dialog is especially valuable when it's with knowledgable people that you disagree with, even if it isn't entirely in good faith. But I've had a couple of experiences here that led me to change my mind.

We'll see - it's still an experiment for me but I'm going to try to use blocking to thin out the toxic exchanges so that I can save my time for people like yourself. It's amazing how blocking one or two accounts can make the place feel completely different and much better.