Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Dent (Frustrating...)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sort of "sit" on one corner sideways (using one cheek) while pressing with my palm on the opposite corner. Your ass (at least mine is) larger than your hand, and somewhat soft, so the specific pressure is less. Next time I have someone around, I'll shoot a video.

I will take your word for it since I have no desire at all to see your ass :)

True, but by that logic I could throw away my key and do everything from my phone...but the key is more convenient.
Clearly you don't share my definition of "logic". My assumption is most people only use summon occasionally, but use the key to drive all the time. If you are an unusual one who uses summon 3 times a day, maybe you shouldn't defeat your button. I don't think I put a gun to your head and made you do it, did I?

I sort of "sit" on one corner sideways (using one cheek) while pressing with my palm on the opposite corner. Your ass (at least mine is) larger than your hand, and somewhat soft, so the specific pressure is less. Next time I have someone around, I'll shoot a video.

I position myself so there is a butt cheek on either side of the Tesla logo, then I squat. Works like a charm but passers-by are left wondering what they just witnessed.

If this doesn't devolve into a new thread consisting solely of videos of people closing their frunks with their butts I'm going to lose faith in TMC.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone
I had the same problem within weeks of owning the car even after what I thought was being careful after watching the same video. When I had my car in for something else at the SC, I mentioned it to them and they brought someone in to fix it for a fee. I was hoping they'd offer to do it for free as I didn't think this should happen so easily, but I didn't push the issue because it must have been my fault even though I really don't know how I managed to do it as I'm always careful. It wasn't too much - something like $100. Since then, when I close the frunk I apply pressure with both hands about 6 inches to either side of the center. It feels much less like I'm going to bend something this way and haven't had an issue since.

I had the same thing they painted my hood for free. No questions asked. You have to close it like he is saying in this post. Many at Tesla don't even do it properly. Once I figured it out I had no problems after that.