Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modey Y - Dents out of thin air?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYP in December. About 3 weeks ago I discovered a very small dent over the passenger front tire. I thought someone must've hit me with their door but odd place for it. Now I just noticed an identical dent on the frunk hood, which was definitely not from someone's door. It was identical to the other one - more like a very small crease inwards. I did notice how absurdly soft the frunk metal is. But at this rate, it's going to be beat to hell in a year. No idea where these dents are coming from. I had obviously heard about how bad the paint is, but did not realize how fragile the overall car is in general. I don't drive it crazy.

A little concerned about the longevity of the exterior now. Not sure a PPF would've done any good as it's more a dent than a scratch?

Anybody else have similar issues?

Can they be easily fixed? Maybe one a year or so I get them taken care of. It's not blatantly obvious unless you know where to look and are OCD, like me.

I got one of those dents several months ago, about 1 inch long 1/4 wide crease. no way it was from a door, it happened at the airport while parked for a few days. Based on location I chalked it up to a Tesla hater.

I just don't know what is happening - 2 dents in 2 months of ownership and not from driving (no loud dings while driving) is not a good trend line! And I noticed a decent amount of scratches on the hood, no doubt some are from me washing it in a circular motion (I read the warnings but rolled my eyes); I just thought people were being ridiculous as I've never had a problem with micro scratches like this before.

Taking it to the tint shop next week to get the windshield tinted (70%) and they also do PPF. Can get the whole front, pillars, mirrors and back quarter panes or whatever its called around the rear wheels PPF'd for $1,800. Given how things have gone thus far, I'm really debating getting the PPF. But I don't think that would prevent these little dents, and might make them bigger issues (would a dented PPF casue a bubble?).

My debate is do I spend more money to try to protect it or just accept its going to get beat to hell and roll with it?