Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

front bumper cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i'm taking my car in for tint and ppf on the bumper later this week and was wondering if anyone knows the cost of a front bumper replacement? do they come from tesla painted, if not whats a bumper and paint match run.

reason i ask is ppf is about $500 to hopefully keep it looking good. a decent wrap is around 1500-2k for a whole car... if you see where i'm going here.

if i forego ppf, thats ~$500 saved which can go towards either a new paint matched bumper or towards a whole car wrap in a year or 2 if i want to change it up a bit.

thoughts? anyone know the cost of just a bumper?

Mine just got replaced by Tesla themselves at their own body shop in Bellevue they charged me 1028$. The other guys insurance ended up paying for it. It’s 300$ for the part, 600 labor and 100 in tax roughly. The PPF that has to be replaced was another 450$. It came painted straight from the factory unlike 3rd Party shops who were going to try to paint it.

No. I’m just looking at the cost of bumper ppf. Not whole car. At ~$500 for ppf on a bumper. It’s a question of is it worth it for protection when a new bumper could potentially be had for around the same price.

Of course the difference is ppf should keep your bumper looking new. Whereas an unprotected bumper will degrade and would be up to the owner when they want a “new” one. Maybe that owners tolerance is a year l, maybe it’s 5 years.

I’ve thought of wrapping the car in the future but I also don’t want to see a crappy bumper until then. But am I going to wrap it in a year or 5. You get the point.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers