Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From MS to MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an S for 2 years before getting an X. Absolutely would never go back to the S. Personally feel the quality of the X is superior, as well as the ride quality, etc. I enjoy the height of an suv (or cuv) as well as the interior design. Havent driven a 17 or 18 model S, so my view may be invalid. My Model S was a December 15, model X is a June 17.

Also haven't driven a glass roof model S, but the design of windshield in X is amazing. Driving any other car now feels cramped.

The model S is just too hard to get Into and I'm only 5'9 but with an achy back. Never thought auto doors would be a thing but once you have them any other car feels inferior. I also feel very confined in a model S due to the roofline. The S is sexier and sportier if those are you highest priorities. The X is unique looking, I don't think it's ugly. 75d has plenty of range in California, even took a 2k mile road trip to Whistler this summer with no problems.

Model 3 is easier to get into than the model S and feels more open looking out front windshield. I would go model 3 over a model S all day, but X is #1 in my book.

Reactions: swgdan
Hey there,
I have a MS 75D 2017, and love it but I miss the height and vis of my SUV, so I'm thinking of trading the S or a X.
Going to drive a X, but I'm sure its going to be a no brainer.
Anyone go from a S to a X?
Thanks

I suspect you'll love the X if you prefer an SUV driving position. Although you do sit lower in the X than in many conventional SUVs, so it's not quite the same. However the cabin feels seriously spacious with the panoramic windscreen. It's certainly a very nice place to sit! Haven't tried an S yet, but looks a lot more conventional in seating position. My bet is you'll trade to the X given your post.

Read every word of this thread and it is the perfect description of how my wife and I feel about the 2 models.
Bottom line..... she likes the S and loves the X. I like the X and love the S. That's why they make them both.